Something A Bit Different.

tlc

Hi Guys, last night I had the opportunity to go up in a boom lift that goes to the height of 135 ft to take photos. It was a pretty amazing experience. I am not afraid of heights but I really decided once I was up there I couldnt let go of the railing. :laugh: So my pictures on the ground I thought were better than the ones up high.

file_zps6314b6c5.jpg

file_zps89c167af.jpg

file_zps9efb2f66.jpg

file_zps4c5be6c6.jpg

file_zps48dadf17.jpg

In the air.

file_zps877940f1.jpg

file_zps7f818d29.jpg

Driver in the middle and the other passenger

file_zpsbd8010dc.jpg

Thanks Pesh, I really enjoyed it. but if we do it again, I will know what to expect. You don't know heights till you up in that little tiny basket looking down! :laugh: Thank god we had harnesses on, I clipped mine on myself as soon as I got in. :laugh: So I knew it was clipped on properly!

I really enjoyed taking the pictures on the ground more I think. we had a few others 5 to go up all together and the driver so we did it in lots. Everyone was excited so it was good to capture those moments. People and animals are more my thing rather than scenery and I haven't done a lot of it, but nice to capture something different!

My fav is looking down along the neck of the crane to the base unit. The perspective is like ohhhhhhh wow :eek:. I often go up full height in the fork basket at work and im great till i span the surroundings then I go the insecurity grab on the rails :laugh: all the while trying to look cool & collected outwards so the boys wont give me grief.

Great opportunity, love what you shot.

My fav is looking down along the neck of the crane to the base unit. The perspective is like ohhhhhhh wow :eek:. I often go up full height in the fork basket at work and im great till i span the surroundings then I go the insecurity grab on the rails :laugh: all the while trying to look cool & collected outwards so the boys wont give me grief.

Great opportunity, love what you shot.

Mine too, that really gave the impression of height! :eek:

Thanks guys, I think I will enjoy it better next time as I will know what to expect. The other girl in the bucket took a pic of me, not a very flattering shot but you can tell I am haing on tight. I'll grab it and pop it in here so you can see what I mean.

I'm looking at the photo of the quite small base and the very tall extended crane and high school physics is telling me that's a really bad idea. Great pictures I also like the one looking down the neck of the crane.

Thanks Hankdog, the base is 21 tonne of metal with expandable axels, it was quite amazing to see how it worked. It is also drivable. When I was up there the driver drove a couple of foot to the front that was enough for me. :laugh: