Turn Offs For Dog Names.

RallyValley

I had a friend who named all his rams Louie, and all his ewes Sheep... was funny to call them in of an evening - call "Sheep" and all the ewes would come running, then call "Louie" and all the rams came... lol!

T.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just pick names that I like.

I like short names that can be called quickly and are sharp. They also shouldn't sound like any of my working commands.

I have 8 dogs at present and they all have very different sounding names (except on that is not mins but staying for a while).

So we have Dash, Cricket, Abby, Pip, Blondie, Tiesha (she came with that name so I left it even though I don't like it) Penny, and Gyp.

The only issue at present it Pip and Gyp. But I have been managing it quite well so far and Gyp (11 weeks old) is recalling on her name very well and it isn't causing problems at this point. I have been trying to call Pip -Pippa, which is her real name anyway to prevent any other confusion.

So it shouldn't really matter what you want to call your dog as long as you are happy with it.

I have never considered checking if a name rhymes with mine or not..... or family members. In fact Penny was nearly Judy - which is my mums name!!!!!