Bonnie Puppy Food Feeding Guide

Hi!

I'm feeding my 11 week old Lab on Bonnie Puppy on the advice of my breeder by I'm an idiot and threw out the bag after checking what to feed him when I got him 3 weeks ago. He is now 10kg and growing before my eyes! Is anyone able to pass on the feeding guide for this food? I ant find it anywhere online and he seems to be starving all the time - I know labs are food motivated but this seems like genuine hunger not just being a guts!! He also get fresh meat, fruit and veggies and loves his bone!

Thanks!!!

I can't help with the food but maybe just go into a store and take a sneaky photo of the packet :)

Otherwise ring up your breeder if they advised the food.

My lab was a huge pup and weighed 12kg at 9 weeks! He always "seemed" starving too laugh.gif

Edited by LisaCC

I never use the guides .

I feed by the look of each dog & what they look like,if a tad fat reduce if a tad skinny increase & then take into account any add on foods

Great advice here. The feeding guide on the packet is only that a guide.

If people all fed to the guide we would have many over weight and many under weight dogs. :)

The guide won't be any use to you if you are feeding all the extra's. The guide is for when you only feed the dry food and as others have said is not always a good thing to go by. I'd ring your breeder, tell them what and how much of the extra's you are feeding and what amount of dry food would they suggest. Most breeders would be fine with this.

I usually start with what the guide says, then make the changes that each individual dog needs to be of a healthy weight, etc...

For example, my extremely busy 14kg dog actually eats as much as my 28kg less active dog - and both of them are nicely weighted and proportioned.

T.

The only time I followed the directions on a dry food bag I noticed a very quick weight gain. Never again, I go by how the dog is going. Feel his ribs & not see them. Keep a close eye on his condition & moniter progress. You will be able to work out how much to give him. Every dog is different :)

He seems to be in proportion at the moment - can easily feel his ribs - but he's growing so quickly and wanted to check he's getting the right amount of food total. He seemed so hungry the last couple of days but looks healthy...