2013 Brags Thread

Such a bugger about the first jumping quallie card RS but I suppose you can always look in the positive in that she is a baby dog and an extra trial in Novice Jumping won't hurt :thumbsup:. Hopefully she gets another pass next weekend. She is certainly a little firecracker :thumbsup:.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right ness and I am not in a hurry to move her up to excellent anyway. I was going to repeat novice next weekend regardless of having 3 cards in hand or not! It's just a bit disappointing. It was a cracking little run and I'd love to know her results more than anything!!

Congrats too everyone on their successes. Seems like it was a good weekend for DOLers.

RS you should be able to get your Q card ... it can be sent to the interstate judge for signature..the only thing is it could take a few days, but the affiliate conducting the event should arrange it for you. We had a similar thing happen here once they ran out of cards or something, but a got them in the end.

I've bragged on FB already, but I'm proud of my lil big man, so going to brag again here. :-). My Rory became the first dog in Tasmania to get his Rally Advanced Excellent title on Saturday morning, and then got another double Q with better scores in the afternoon ...four classes, four firsts. Then on Sunday, he was sitting on a 181 in Open, but went down in the sit stay..silly exercise! ...still got first. In the afternoon, with the weather changing to cool, and then light shower and cold wind for the stays, he got his first Open pass with a 186, and another 1st place. I was so thrilled with the enthusiasm he showed, and we got some lovely compliments. Huge thanks to the WA gurus, especially Ptolomy and Bedazzledx2 for all the great examples, and the advice.

I've bragged on FB already, but I'm proud of my lil big man, so going to brag again here. :-). My Rory became the first dog in Tasmania to get his Rally Advanced Excellent title on Saturday morning, and then got another double Q with better scores in the afternoon ...four classes, four firsts. Then on Sunday, he was sitting on a 181 in Open, but went down in the sit stay..silly exercise! ...still got first. In the afternoon, with the weather changing to cool, and then light shower and cold wind for the stays, he got his first Open pass with a 186, and another 1st place. I was so thrilled with the enthusiasm he showed, and we got some lovely compliments. Huge thanks to the WA gurus, especially Ptolomy and Bedazzledx2 for all the great examples, and the advice.

champagne.gifThis is what I think about this brag dancingelephant.gif well done Tassie and Rory

Guest Clover

Very small brag but just shows you can teach an old dog new tricks....literally. My 9.5 year old farm bred crazy BC girl has been coming to tricks class with us for about 4 months now and in that time she has learnt so much. She can now do stationary and moving leg weaves, roll over, crawl, bow, heel both left and right, forwards and backwards ( I know she could not heel before lol), box work/ pivot work, stationary and heeling spins on both sides :).

Eta: touch with her nose, and can target with one paw and we are just trying to get her to target with her other paw.

Edited by Clover

Clover sending my occasionally clever one over to you - he is 9 1/2 and leg weaves are way too hard for him.

You must be a good trainer and doing something right to teach an old dog new tricks - well done

Guest Clover

Thank you both :). :laugh: She has really surprised me and I have surprised myself with the ammount we have learnt together.

8677380141_23d3fc2bf4.jpg

Photo 1 - 2013-04-25 by clover_elvis, on Flickr

Ptolomy my JRT is a feral leg weaver, just chooses his own path and at break neck speed :rofl:.

Just finished a two day flyball comp, both dogs ran extremely well and both their teams won their division. Darcy's team only lost one race over 2 days and the old boy was full of himself, consistently running around 5.3 in any position and flawless, not bad for a dog that is nearly 9! He was so happy and eager......making me rethink my plan to retire him as he was having so much fun!

Jovi's team also did well, lost 3 races but still managed to win doing 11inches (her height) and 14inches. She didn't put one little paw wrong all weekend :D

On top of that they both had the chance to compete in the champions trophy where all division winners race each other (fastest teams are handicapped), unfortunately Darcys team broke out and were eliminated.....bloody dogs (:p) running their fastest time of the comp at the end of the second day, wasn't even our fastest combination!

Jovi's team however saved the day and won it! Little Jovi had to chase the other dog down to win and that was right up her alley, she refuses to be beaten back when she is the last dog!

The other dog was already going down before she could go as we were the slightly faster team so the other team had a head start and there was no way she was letting that dog beat her back, I love her turns when she knows she has to do them fast, she is literally on and off the box and powering back in a blink of an eye :D

We had a great weekend in Wagga!

Mindy gained her AD title, also got 2 JDX quallies and her first ever open jumping qually! She actually managed to get 2 x first places and 2 x second places and a 4th place and 5/9 clear rounds. She actually got 4/4 clear rounds in the ones that I really wanted her to get (AD and JDX)which was fantastic!

She was also great in the RQH agility and open jumping day one but had one fault in each- both times when I tried to rear cross her on a jump and caused a bar to come down or refusal. I shouldn't have done that as we haven;t really ever practised rear crosses on a jump! She still gets RQH points though I think (not that I really care- we wont be in the running for that anyway!).

Open agility wasn't very good for us, I think we will take a break from that for the moment.

But overall we had a great weekend, it was a lovely relaxed trial, will definitely try to get down there again next year

Thanks guys, they both have done me so extremely proud this weekend!

I've been thoroughly spoilt with my three Tollers in flyball, I've enjoyed so many highs with all three and learnt so much with each dog on how to be a better trainer.

Now for a massive break with Jovi (hopefully due to pups at the end of the year) and have a think about not retiring Darcy from flyball haha

--------

Congrats AL, sounds like an awesome weekend! Amazing work :D

:thumbsup: Great weekend for the Tollers TO - and super well done with Mindy Aussielover. You must be thrilled with how you are both going.

The feral one and I had fun in enormous winds at our club's agility trial - with the bars held on (more or less) with rubber bands. 6 runs for Kirra - 2 DQs - my fault, 2 NQs and 1st place Qs in JDO and ADO - both 10 seconds or mre under SCT - clever girlies. Rory and I had one run in JD - DQ - and he did have a brief excursion to visit his best friends at the scribe's table :eek: - but quickly came back and got on with the run. It was a fun course - 2 physical tunnels, but 6 tunnels on course - my tunnel suck couldn't believe his eyes - actually checked back with me at one time to make sure he was allowed to go in another one. :rofl: Still lots of speed and enthusiasm, and a little bit more steering this time.

To give you an idea of how strong the wind was, Kirra's K9Royale crate tipped end over end - with 15kg of Kirra in it!

Guest Clover

Oh Tassie that would have been an interesting trial in the wind :(. Rory sounds like he keeps you on your toes and amused :laugh:.

Way to go mindy as well, great work.