2014 Agility Nationals

The grounds at Showgound are pretty good I did agility out there about a month ago I would say we would have to get at least a few areas put aside for us seeing as how big the nationals are I for one am glad I will be able to go to a nationals sooooo looking forward to. As for judges it will be interesting to see who they will be as I have heard some of our QLD judges will not be judging due to not being allowed to run there dogs as well so unless DQ relax the rule to allow the judges to run there dogs I'm nit sure how many judges will accept the judging

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking I won't go - BC Nationals are in Melbourne in March - higher priority I think.

ETA - because I can do a variety of disciplines there Agility, Rally, Obedience, DWD (if I get busy with some training) and conformation for Rory - and because I'm not sure that I'll have a Nationals worthy dog - Kirra will almost certainly be retired - realistically - though she's showing no signs of it at the moment :laugh: , and who knows what Rory will be doing by then - I'll probalby still be trying to get his steering software operational :rofl: .

Edited by Tassie

Anyone decided if they are going or not. I have booked my accomodation...so that's a start :thumbsup:

I'll be there a chance to take bub up home to see th grands and a trip away... regardless we'll enter someone in something :)

I'm thinking of going, but it is going to be expensive. $10 a run & two dogs for all the events they are eligible for plus accomodation. Expensive compared to the ADAA Grand Prix. Might just have to cut back on what they enter.

Try running 7 :p Before we cut back, our entries for 2012 were well over $1000 :laugh:

It's always so hard to decide what to cut back on...but geeze...> $1000 :eek: That's why I like ADAA big events, its just the one fee that covers all events.

OUCH! However I am keen to do the ADAA events too but just not sure yet....

I'm thinking of going, but it is going to be expensive. $10 a run & two dogs for all the events they are eligible for plus accomodation. Expensive compared to the ADAA Grand Prix. Might just have to cut back on what they enter.

Try running 7 :p Before we cut back, our entries for 2012 were well over $1000 :laugh:

Ohh ouch, I will never complain about running 2 dogs again!!

I wanted to go to this Nationals, but heard the grounds aren't exactly great either? Plus driving up there would take days, places to stay are as rare as hens teeth, would need to take 4 dogs but only running 1.......as much as I want too starting to think I will wait till the 2016 one in Adelaide :)

I think I will go to QLD - it will be Leo's last nationals so I would like to go for that reason alone :). Long drive though but I will definitely be driving with 3-4 dogs to enter! :laugh: Might see what the Annual Leave situation is like, because the other factor to consider also is perhaps taking longer on the drive home and have a bit of a holiday :)

For all those contemplating going to the Nationals next year, I believe a LOT of people are going to tie it in with coming to the NSW Northern Regional, three day event which will be held at Glenreagh, which is halfway between Coffs Harbour & Grafton, on the NSW North Coast. It would be the weekend before the Nationals & is going to be a BIG event for my little hometown. We are hosting the Regional here in a couple of weeks, so it will be a bit of a rehearsal for something much bigger next year :thumbsup: Just something to keep in mind if trying to make the trip to the Nationals worthwhile :)

For all those contemplating going to the Nationals next year, I believe a LOT of people are going to tie it in with coming to the NSW Northern Regional, three day event which will be held at Glenreagh, which is halfway between Coffs Harbour & Grafton, on the NSW North Coast. It would be the weekend before the Nationals & is going to be a BIG event for my little hometown. We are hosting the Regional here in a couple of weeks, so it will be a bit of a rehearsal for something much bigger next year :thumbsup: Just something to keep in mind if trying to make the trip to the Nationals worthwhile :)

I'm coming to that regional at Glenreigh in a few weeks. Bit of a trip but it looked fun. Some information would be good if you don't mind. Like what are the camping arrangements at the grounds? How to find the grounds when I get there? Can we camp next to the rings or is it some distance and then I need another set of crates etc. Running 4 dogs this time, think its the most I've spent on entries for one trial and that includes nationals last year. Looking forward to it. Thought I'd see what it was like distance wise and facilities etc before deciding about going back for other trials scheduled there.

Great camping on the grounds, not many powered sites. Camping is on the same ground as we use for the agility. We have a local charity (Heartstart) running a canteen & there are great meals at the Golden Dog Hotel. I think there are about 1600 entries :thumbsup:

Great camping on the grounds, not many powered sites. Camping is on the same ground as we use for the agility. We have a local charity (Heartstart) running a canteen & there are great meals at the Golden Dog Hotel. I think there are about 1600 entries :thumbsup:

yeah and 48 of them are mine! Sounds like a nice set up. Hope we don't freeze!

yeah and 48 of them are mine! Sounds like a nice set up. Hope we don't freeze!

It does get very cold this time of the year

Maybe this could be my 2014 goal.. it would be nice for my boys breeder to see him in action too! Dont know if it is a too unrealistic goal as ww have just started training :/

Not unrealistic at all...it is still 13 months away :)

Maybe this could be my 2014 goal.. it would be nice for my boys breeder to see him in action too! Dont know if it is a too unrealistic goal as ww have just started training :/

Not unrealistic at all...it is still 13 months away :)

my lowchen pup just happens to turn 18mths on the 4th of that month so it's my aim lol in amongst other things :) hopefully have the whole family running atleast one event.... aim big and try like crazy

• 1 month later...

Just got this from one of the committee members for the Nationals - We got some good news from Dogs Queensland today regarding on-site camping. It looks like they will have camping sites (caravan, campervan and tent) along with a new amenities block (including laundry facilities) ready for the nationals next year. The sites will predominantly be non-powered though. At this stage, we are only asking for expressions of interest to see how many people may be interested and the sites will only be offered to “out-of-towners”. Cost per night at this stage isn't known but will probably be minimal just to cover costs for amenities upkeep.

Please email details to [email protected] to put your name down. As soon as we get more information from Dogs Queensland, we will let you know. At this stage, they haven’t been able to give us any timeframes.