2014 Agility Nationals

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you take the labs RS? I guess the min schnitzel would be a lot cheaper.

Is it true that judges won't be able to compete at all for these Nationals? If it is just going to be local judges then that might impact my decision to go....

I don't know how to organise all the logistics of crates, shelters etc and travel via plane all by myself.

Is it true that judges won't be able to compete at all for these Nationals? If it is just going to be local judges then that might impact my decision to go....

I don't know how to organise all the logistics of crates, shelters etc and travel via plane all by myself.

No, the Labs would stay at home. Not only would they cost too much to fly, but they'd just be an embarrassment to run at a nationals laugh.gif

The mini would be cheaper to fly and more fun to run :)

What do you mean by local judges impacting your decision to go? You'll be right organising it, and I'm sure everyone could chip in for some advice on how to get you there :)

How long is the drive TSD? You're brave! Mine are fantastic in the car but if it is a few days of driving with breaks we'll all be over it by the time we arrive.

I've already got the Nationals page bookmarked and checked google maps.....keen or what :rofl: IF I have a different vehicle by then my aim would be to go via a place in NSW that does awesome 4WD drawer fit-outs.....would be 12 hours for that first leg (would probably do that over 2 days). Then another 7.5 hours to QLD. Not that much different to driving straight through.

Mine are really good about long drives etc.....we do a bit of camping with them on top of the regular trials so they just settle in and rest in preparation for the fun bits at the other end!

I'm sure they'll have judges from further afield - last year there were two judges from NZ :)

How long is the drive TSD? You're brave! Mine are fantastic in the car but if it is a few days of driving with breaks we'll all be over it by the time we arrive.

megan, I've done the drive several times over the last few years, going up to seminars at Camp Tailwaggers.

I normally stay 3 nights on the way up - there's a lovely little dog-friendly cottage at Lockhart, where you can do a 1 night stay - fenced yard, dogs inside, and then I've stayed a couple of times in a dog-friendly unit in Dubbo - also fenced yard - and then at a lovely cottage on an alpaca farm at Glen Innes. Since I'm driving one up, I like to take my time.

I've also been up through the Hume/Pacific Highways, but the central route is quicker.

Not sure if I'm going to Nationals - depends on how the misguided missile (aka Rory) comes along. And also, BC Nationals are in Melbourne in March - that's probably a higher priority :D

Those judges were allowed to compete though. Rumor is that won't be the case in QLD. so the only people judging could be those with retired dogs or those that chose to judge over competing. I

I'm sure they'll have judges from further afield - last year there were two judges from NZ :)