Front Attaching Harness - Neoprene?

bianca.a

I have been walking Coop on an Easy-walk harness and Molly on a sen-sible (?) harness. The night before last I noticed Cooper had a red icky looking lump under his arm (pit) and have been using Neocort on it. So have been walking him on his flat collar.

I checked Moo and she was fine, but after todays walk she has a nasty red welt area in the same area

I guess I am looking for some front attaching harness that maybe is made of neoprene or something that wont rub.

I usually walk them both together with a coupler and much prefer the added control of the harness versus collars.

Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

Trying out Scout on an Ezydog quick fit harness at the moment - bought it about a fortnight ago as was having trouble with underarm rubbing and hair loss with his other one. The chest and back sections have neoprene but the girth strap doesn't, but seems to sit away from being right under his underarm.

post-10065-0-64179500-1367747130_thumb.jpg

So far so good, haven't noticed any rubbing.

^^ Love those Ezydog harnesses! I used one when Sam had some lumps cut out were both a collar and normal harness would sit. We kept using it after they healed as he seemed more comfortable in it.

Oh and mine had a clip on the front side which I think you could use for front attachment.

Edited by LisaCC

I use a Kum-a-long harness. It's the only harness I can use on my girl, due to her throat issues. It is front attaching.

It's made from the same stuff that are used in fabric type leads.

Have never had any welts etc

I bought a K9 pro DT allweather harness for Sasha my Kelpie .. She has little hair under her arms and it has never chafed or rubbed :) it's been the best one for her as it has also taught her not to pull when I walk her.

for front clip harness, the sensible harness has a "brother" called a sensation harness, its exactly the same, but the under-arm part is a different softer material to prevent chafing,

the ezdog is not a front clip, but it does work well for lack of chafing, Gypsy wears her's 100% of the time and its never so much as rubbed fur off, even rolling through water with it on and leaving it on while drying etc..

I got my dog the freedom no pull harness from clean run because his sensible rubs. Stopped the rubbing as it doesnt go under the arms but he has goose honking/ reverse sneezing which it made really bad so had to stop using it. :(

Another vote for the Ezy Dog Quik fit harness. Both my guys have one & use them when bush walking. Usually walk around 10 km's. Never had an issue with them causing any harm to them, rubbing etc. They are very strong & super light & as the name suggests very easy to put on & take off :)

Wow thank you all so much for all the feedback! I really appreciate it! I think I will try and make something to fit on the existing ones first and if that doesn't work then I will try some of these suggestions. Thank you all again :)

I have been walking Coop on an Easy-walk harness and Molly on a sen-sible (?) harness. The night before last I noticed Cooper had a red icky looking lump under his arm (pit) and have been using Neocort on it. So have been walking him on his flat collar.

I checked Moo and she was fine, but after todays walk she has a nasty red welt area in the same area

I guess I am looking for some front attaching harness that maybe is made of neoprene or something that wont rub.

I usually walk them both together with a coupler and much prefer the added control of the harness versus collars.

Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

If you are walking them on 'correction' harnesses with a coupler, then you are negating how those harnesses work because each dog will be subject to the same level of 'correction' regardless of who is pulling. It is also possible that the coupler may be part of the problem. My guess is that you're getting lateral pulling on the harness because the dogs are coupled together.

Can I suggest you walk them on two separate leads and see how much each dog is pulling? You'll actually have better control of each dog and be able to see what's going on in terms of how much resistance they're giving on the lead.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

The easy-walk harness did the exact same thing to my dog Tilly. If she walks in it for anything more than a few minutes, it rubs on the skin behind her legs.

I use a non-slip collar that is lined and it is very gentle on her neck. She can't get out of it and even when she pulls like an absolute freight-train, she doesn't end up with a sore neck.

The collar is like the one below, just with a different design on the outside of the collar:

il_570xN.203635706.jpg

The easy-walk harness did the exact same thing to my dog Tilly. If she walks in it for anything more than a few minutes, it rubs on the skin behind her legs.

I use a non-slip collar that is lined and it is very gentle on her neck. She can't get out of it and even when she pulls like an absolute freight-train, she doesn't end up with a sore neck.

The collar is like the one below, just with a different design on the outside of the collar:

il_570xN.203635706.jpg

Where did you get that collar fainty_girl? It's so pretty :love:

The collar was from this Etsy seller :) : http://www.etsy.com/shop/Iggywear

It is a limited slip softie collar and they are in this category: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Iggywear?section_id=6290289

I bought it a couple of years ago and it still works great :) . Because my dog pulls on the lead, the lady who made the collars reinforced the collar with a "strong fusible web" at no extra charge.

This is my girl wearing the collar...I only use it as a walking collar, she has a regular collar that she wears normally.

240154_10150191533019635_5948044_o_zps4217360e.jpg