Animal Rehoming Service Inc

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So apart from asking that the dogs be desexed, what makes Petrescue different to any other classifieds site now?

The fact that it tugs at the heartstrings by using the word "rescue".

And 'adoption' because as everyone knows, rescue dogs are 'adopted' rather than paid for. It's designed to make people feel good when all they're actually doing is buying a dog just like everyone else.

Another pound rounds type of broker in rescue, great.

We don't charge a fee , but a donation would be ok, for what, putting an ad on petrescue without checking any of the info being given by the owner is valid ( and most lie through their teeth so they can offload them).

This will make petrescue lose its credability.

Edited by juice

Another pound rounds type of broker in rescue great.

we don't charge a fee for a donation would be ok, for what, putting an ad on petrescue without checking any of the info being given by the owner is valid ( and most lie through their teeth so they can offload them).

This will make petrescue lose its credability.

Plus if the dog is undesexed the new owner pays for desexing, but it doesn't mention when the desexing is actually done.

All the animals listed on Pet Rescue have basically the same blurb written about them, it's a generic profile that's almost word for word the same for dogs, cats, horses and birds, which is a worry.

Edited by minimax

They advertise animals that are needing to be rehomed, but are still in the care of the current owners (well in most instances anyway). It was likely the dog's owner's details on pet rescue, so your MIL would have spoken to them, not the Animal Rehoming Service people.

So basically they use Pet Rescue as a private rehoming service? Is that allowed? :confused:

I don't think it is allowed! When PetRescue upgraded a few months it was one of the things that changed, as we sometimes did something similar, once dog was temp tested and spoke to the owner a lot. I'm on my phone atm but will look at there T&Cs later. Maybe send an email to PetRescue about them.

All animals we submit to PetRescue will be:

Genuine rescue animals, presently in a pound/shelter or foster care situation.

Desexed. All cats and dogs submitted to PetRescue must be desexed (or will be desexed PRIOR to going to their new home) and shall be promoted as such. Exclusions may be granted for animals considered to be too elderly, as advised by a vet. Please contact us to apply on a per-animal basis.

All animals we submit to PetRescue will be:

Genuine rescue animals, presently in a pound/shelter or foster care situation.

Desexed. All cats and dogs submitted to PetRescue must be desexed (or will be desexed PRIOR to going to their new home) and shall be promoted as such. Exclusions may be granted for animals considered to be too elderly, as advised by a vet. Please contact us to apply on a per-animal basis.

Thanks Powerlegs that's it. So no they can't do private rehoming but they could sign the people up as foster carers until the animal is rehomed.

We did this for a few people who's cats had accidental litters. They were our foster carers, legally our kittens, all vet checked and rehomed through our coordinator and then we would help the owner desex there cat as well.

On the desex prior to rehoming, there is one group listing pups as desexed per PetRescue rules, then clearly stating on their gumtree ads that this won't happen until the pups are 6 months old.

On the desex prior to rehoming, there is one group listing pups as desexed per PetRescue rules, then clearly stating on their gumtree ads that this won't happen until the pups are 6 months old.

Against the rules I would have thought and it also says there are some exceptions - in all my years of rescue I haven't come across a dog that couldn't be desexed yet.

Against the rules I would have thought and it also says there are some exceptions - in all my years of rescue I haven't come across a dog that couldn't be desexed yet.

It is.

We promote desexing and request that all cats and dogs submitted to PetRescue must be desexed (or will be desexed PRIOR to going to their new home) and shall be promoted as such. Exclusions may be granted for animals considered to be too elderly, as advised by a vet. Please contact us to apply on a per-animal basis.

It is.

We promote desexing and request that all cats and dogs submitted to PetRescue must be desexed (or will be desexed PRIOR to going to their new home) and shall be promoted as such. Exclusions may be granted for animals considered to be too elderly, as advised by a vet. Please contact us to apply on a per-animal basis.

I'm certain they know it given the two vetwork versions of the same pups for two different sites.

I'm very disappointed to hear it was one of the founders that spoke to your MIL so rudely. I get TARS newsletters - might ask to be taken off their list because of their rudeness. If a few people complain, they might wake up to themselves!

Looks like this story has a happy ending with a litle lady named Poppy about to make a grand entrance at my MIL place. I cant wait to give her cuddles and introduce her to my 3 rat bags.

Thanks to Aphra who my MIL cant speak more highly about :thumbsup: Animal Rehoming Services loss!

Looks like this story has a happy ending with a litle lady named Poppy about to make a grand entrance at my MIL place. I cant wait to give her cuddles and introduce her to my 3 rat bags.

Thanks to Aphra who my MIL cant speak more highly about :thumbsup: Animal Rehoming Services loss!

:thumbsup: Aphra is one of the best :)

The Popster has landed. ;-)

My fiance has already been over for cuddles, alas I was at the football tonight so all I got was a photo of a very tired looking girl on a giant sleeping mat :)

Cant wait for poppy cuddles tomorrow night!

• 2 weeks later...