Deer Antlers Back In Stock

I gave one to Luka when he was a puppy Lisa. He loved it and still does. They are very hard so there is a small risk of a tooth breaking if you have a dog with a very strong bite. Not something that has happened to any of my three and certainly can't imagine a puppy doing it. They last months and don't smell or get yucky so I love them. :thumbsup:

I guess the deers have dropped their antlers and places are getting them back in stock :thumbsup:

I can vouch for the antlers from dog treat australia and whelping supplies ( a fellow DOLer :) although it is worth pointng out the whelping supplies one say they are 'narrow', not sure what diameter they actually are). Both excellent quality. Do not know about the others but all seem to be pretty similar on price.

I had to throw my last couple out. I only gave them to the dogs just before bed at night when they come inside for some fun time before bed. But they got so smelly I had to chuck them. I am now trying out cow hooves as an alternative, but they have a bit of a smell too :(

I gave one to Luka when he was a puppy Lisa. He loved it and still does. They are very hard so there is a small risk of a tooth breaking if you have a dog with a very strong bite. Not something that has happened to any of my three and certainly can't imagine a puppy doing it. They last months and don't smell or get yucky so I love them. :thumbsup:

That is good to know - I was looking at them at Petstock last week and thought about one for Zig but he would probably break a tooth.

We will stick with the usual lamb and beef ribs from the butcher..

I had to throw my last couple out. I only gave them to the dogs just before bed at night when they come inside for some fun time before bed. But they got so smelly I had to chuck them. I am now trying out cow hooves as an alternative, but they have a bit of a smell too :(

That's strange Sheena. I actually threw one away last night because it had got too small and I had a sniff before I threw it out and it still didn't smell. It was probably about a year old. I do keep them dry though. When the dogs have finished chewing them I always put them away (but not in a container as that can make them smell), don't know if this could be why? :shrug:

That's strange Sheena. I actually threw one away last night because it had got too small and I had a sniff before I threw it out and it still didn't smell. It was probably about a year old. I do keep them dry though. When the dogs have finished chewing them I always put them away (but not in a container as that can make them smell), don't know if this could be why? :shrug:

The first lot I got never went smelly & I threw them away because they got to small. Maybe they did get smelly because I was putting them in a plastic bag overnight, mainly because one of them got a few maggots in it & that's when it started to smell :( I am very tempted to get some more as my dogs love them, but I will see how long the cow hooves last...I have taken them out of their plastic, just in case.

I wont be buying cow hooves again....they are vile :vomit: & seeing that they get their special chew in the loungeroom at night before bed....I think I will try the deer antlers again.

Can I ask how so?

Just wondering if they are the same as the ones at my work, which are just dry hooves? Cleo and my parent's dogs just slowly grind a bit of every night, they don't get soggy or anything.

I wont be buying cow hooves again....they are vile :vomit: & seeing that they get their special chew in the loungeroom at night before bed....I think I will try the deer antlers again.

Can I ask how so?

Just wondering if they are the same as the ones at my work, which are just dry hooves? Cleo and my parent's dogs just slowly grind a bit of every night, they don't get soggy or anything.

I bought three from Petstock in Ballina. It is just the hoof shell & when they get chewed a bit (wet) the lounge room stinks like cow poo :laugh:

• 5 months later...

I bought three from Petstock in Ballina. It is just the hoof shell & when they get chewed a bit (wet) the lounge room stinks like cow poo :laugh:

totally agree, I got a couple for my dogs and threw them out after the first chew session.

totally agree, I got a couple for my dogs and threw them out after the first chew session.

Interesting...must be coz my guys don't go nuts over them, they like them, but just grind at them but never to the point of them being wet and smelly.