Dog Attack In Brisbane - Toddler In Hospital

arjay

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And so it continues http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/2013/05/30/452491_gold-coast-news.html

I am so over irresponsible dog owners :cry: :cry: :cry:

It says all three dogs were on lead - how does something like that happen when they are all on lead??

Does no one have effective control of the leash?

Someone must have had some sort of control as they tied them to a fence..

(hope the lab makes a full recovery poor dog).

Did the BT attack and kill the American Bulldog when they were tied to the fence?

That story leaves so unanswered questions.

There seems to be quite a few of late.

If you are not strong enough to control the dog then don't walk it. If you are not strong enough to walk two dogs then don't do take them out together. If your dog(s) are aggressive and you want to walk them in public then put a bloody muzzle on them - it isn't rocket science.

Edited by frufru

Guest donatella

The only state in Australia that has mandatory attack reporting is NSW.

Ahh that makes sense then :)

I thought dog attacks have to be reported in SA - almost 15 years ago I took my then 10 year son to hospital after he came off his bike and I had to fill in a long form with lots of questions about the accident and dogs.

Of course its a tragedy to see any child get hurt like that.

There should be something done to the owners who let their dogs loose like this. And a rehab program for dogs. Just not fair.

Are you saying dogs need to be on lead inside houses?

There should be something done to the owners who let their dogs loose like this. And a rehab program for dogs. Just not fair.

The link that was posted earlier by Rosetta is very different to the first one.

An 18-month-old boy has undergone surgery in a Brisbane hospital after being mauled by a Rottweiler in Ipswich on Wednesday morning.

The toddler was attacked in his grandmother's home at Springfield Lakes around 9:00am.

It is understood he was walking into the house with his grandmother when the dog lunged through a screen door and attacked him.

His grandmother said she tried to fight the animal off, but the boy suffered terrible injuries to his head face and neck.

She said she was minding the dog, which has since been put down, for her son.

Ipswich Mayor Paul Pisasale says it could have been avoided.

"Its just horrific on a community... on the family when things happen," he said.

"I'm still sick in the stomach - what we want is responsible pet management".

Meanwhile on the Gold Coast, a man was mauled while trying to save his dog from being attacked by two other dogs at Carrara.

The man's dog was killed and he suffered multiple injuries to his arms and hands.

Police say the animals are still roaming streets.

This part jumps out at me... "It is understood he was walking into the house with his grandmother when the dog lunged through a screen door and attacked him"

The dog was owned by a son but doesn't say if it's the same son is the father the child, attack happened in the home of the grandmother while she was taking care of the toddler and the dog for members of her family..

Very sad...

Sometimes I think kids do. I remember a terrying incident at a lady's house, her newly whelped doberman was shut in a side room on the verandah. Another visitors toddler, think he was 18 months old nipped off unnoticed and went outside and opened the door. All we could hear was his terrified screams. He was amazingly unharmed considering stark on his forehead were still the imprint of where the bitch had charged him and hit him right in the centre of his forehead with her closed teeth.

She was back curled with her pups when everyone arrived running.

Doesnt bear thinking what she could have done.

Did speak volumes for her temprement though.

She protected her pups without actually injuring the child.

Although no doubt many may still blame her for scaring the child.

Edited by inez