Mdba 6th Annual Dog Choice Awards

Just had to share this with you, posts to my FB pages.

OMG, am in tears, don't know what to say. Have just received confirmation that as the owner/breeder of Safaree Shetland Sheepdogs we have been awarded Master Dog Breeder of the Year in the Master Dog Breeders Association 6th Annual Dog Choice Awards. I would just like to say a HUGE thank you to the person who nominated us for this award, and to the judges for awarding us first place. You have NO idea what this means to us. Love to all from the Safaree Zoo!!.

Lap it up Sheila - the competition was tough and you didn't take it off without putting up a good fight .Its an honour to be associated with you and a pleasure to bring you the news! thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gif

Sending you your new logo now

Oh and Shesa if you don't mind me hijacking for a minute I'd also like to say a HUGE congrats to Hardys Angel of Greyhound Haven Tasmania for your nomination as Rescuer Of the Year, so very well deserved for the "quiet acheiver" :) Also to Little Gifts for your noms as well, you work tirelessly for Pei Rescue and your dedication to fundraising inspired me to fundraise for GHT myself. So whilst not actual winners THIS year in the MDBA awards both winners in my eyes :)

Well done!!!

Did the format change this year Julie? I nominated a couple of people but they never got a call from you to say they were nominated. Does that not happen any more?

It has become a runaway train and we simply ran out of time and struck some pretty big unexpected hurdles including a death in the family so we had to handle some categories without the usual calls depending on how many nominees in that category didn't have correct contact details or didn't answer the phone or didn't call me back etc.

Im now starting to work back wards so as many as I can reach if their contact details are correct will still get a call and a certificate.

Several things have changed for next year to take it back to everyone getting a call and for it all to run more smoothly to handle the work load to get it done in the time frames we have. We have cut out and combined some categories , nominations close end of Jan instead of end of Dec and the big night in Melbourne is in May instead of March with some other big surprises for those who can get there.Ill start calling nominees sooner too. We will also be taking on a paid employee in the next 2 months to help out with calls, advertising, sponsorship etc and another around January to work in admin for us which will free us up a bit to do more of the fun stuff.