Litters Due August 2013

Monteba

Monteba, thanks for updating "my" litter, but it's not really mine, :o although you cannot be blamed for thinking it is, :o it's a Mellick litter (Roskyle bitch) and they're Italian Greyhounds not whippets.

I kept looking thinking they look like IG but she breeds Whippets .... :rofl: :rofl:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly the agreed location has been the vet's surgery - she had two pups naturally (the first after an oxytocin shot at the vets at around 2pm today) but all her fussing about earlier has worn her out and she is currently at the vet having a c-section. I'm home sorting out all other dogs and getting some food ready for a long night.

The first two pups were a boy & girl.

Gorgeous pups Sandgrubber - here is a picture of a couple of mine from the first litter as they enjoyed our beautiful Spring weather on the weekend. They're eating 3 meals a day and just fabulous fun!

Marie's litter is now 2 weeks old and after a bit of a traumatic start where we lost 2 pups in the early days, they are now doing fabulously and are just positively enormous by comparison to Anna's litter at the same age - the milkbar's a bit better for Marie's litter I think :laugh:

DSCF6855.jpg

Yes it is a lot of Fauves but there are some very happy puppy people who have been waiting for these litters :D not to mention me!!!

Yes I am sure, apart from show demand they look to have the makings of a popular family breed.

I have been following a fb friend in Europe who has 2 Borzoi litters atm - 17 borzoi pups is a lot of puppy. Happily both mums share nursing duties, apparently not minding if it is one of theirs latching on or one from the other litter. My 2 are fond of each other but I am not sure they would share bubs like that.

Edited by Diva

Yes I can't imagine mine would share pups THOUGH I don't ever put them in a position where it is possible as I have heard too many horror stories of bitches killing other bitches' pups - not in this breed, just generally and that is enough to worry me.

Yes I can't imagine mine would share pups THOUGH I don't ever put them in a position where it is possible as I have heard too many horror stories of bitches killing other bitches' pups - not in this breed, just generally and that is enough to worry me.

What not-so-little sweeties!

Are your girls related?

Tolerant bitches have a big advantage . . . with mine, Granny dog is at least as enthusiastic about picking up and licking up mess than Mum. I think this is pretty common among related Labradors.

No they're not related and one of them came to us only 12 months ago. They generally get along brilliantly but I'm a little anal :laugh:

I wouldn't try it with my girls either, rather be safe than sorry.

LOL, no, I wasn't suggesting anyone try it. I think it was so striking because it was a bit unusual. My girl certainly didn't share with her pack mate until the pups started eating, then she was quite happy that 'aunty' interact with them, under my watchful eye of course. I was welcome from the beginning, other people were welcome baby sitters from day 2, the cat was a tolerated visitor from about 1 week, but my other bitch received visiting rights a lot later than the rest of us. Eminently sensible.

Edited by Diva

No they're not related and one of them came to us only 12 months ago. They generally get along brilliantly but I'm a little anal :laugh:

I wouldn't try it with my girls either, rather be safe than sorry.

LOL, no, I wasn't suggesting anyone try it. I think it was so striking because it was a bit unusual. My girl certainly didn't share with her pack mate until the pups started eating, then she was quite happy that 'aunty' interact with them, under my watchful eye of course. I was welcome from the beginning, other people were welcome baby sitters from day 2, the cat was a tolerated visitor from about 1 week, but my other bitch received visiting rights a lot later than the rest of us. Eminently sensible.

Your girls are also eminently sensible, unlike my two older girls who are usually saying sotto voce "bitch, you are a bitch" to each other. They get on well enough to live with each other but puppies will take some careful introduction probably after the boys.

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie