Litters Due August 2013

Monteba

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck today Kirislin, looks line she is nearly ready!

I have a question, my Leonberger's behaviour is really amped up, she is more clingy, more exciteable, and more reactive than normal, she seems to have morphed into a super watchdog as well. Is this usual? Or do I just have a very, um, special girl?

I'd say that's pretty normal. You will need to be careful that she doesn't do herself or someone an injury if she's become more vigil. They can also injury pups if they fly out of the box to investigate.

I have a question, my Leonberger's behaviour is really amped up, she is more clingy, more exciteable, and more reactive than normal, she seems to have morphed into a super watchdog as well. Is this usual? Or do I just have a very, um, special girl?

I'd say that's pretty normal. You will need to be careful that she doesn't do herself or someone an injury if she's become more vigil. They can also injury pups if they fly out of the box to investigate.

My Dally girl who is usually quiet has even taken to barking at the vacuum cleaner. She has become super protective.

On another note her babies are bouncing around her belly with just under 2 weeks to go. CANT WAIT!!!!

Totally agree. My Leo girl was a shocker for bolting out of the whelping box if she heard a noise. I had to put a notice at the front door asking visitors to be extra quiet & not bang on the door or tap on the window.

She settled down once the pups had been weaned.

Really excited for you Brintey. Not long to wait now. Re the number of pups - Saffy's vet saw 6 at the 2nd ultrasound & she had 10 in there!!

Good luck to you & Singe for a safe delivery.

Cheers - L

post-8994-0-31509000-1375812319_thumb.jpg post-8994-0-12093000-1375831892_thumb.jpg

I've not been posting here as US litters aren't so interesting if you live in Australia. But WTH. Bonza is due on 10 August. Xrays show 8 to 10 pups. Not expecting a milk shortage, she's dripping a bit already.

Edited by sandgrubber

post-8994-0-31509000-1375812319_thumb.jpg

I've not been posting here as US litters aren't so interesting if you live in Australia. But WTH. Bonza is due on 10 August. Xrays show 8 to 10 pups.

Oooh I have to disagree with you there. We're all part of the DOL community. I'm also on a US whippet forum and we all take interest and delight in puppies from anywhere! :thumbsup: Good luck with her.