Band Breeds In Australia

bullaroo

What are your thoughts of our band breeds?

My personal belief; It's NEVER the dogs fault. Some idiots get their hands on these beautiful animals and use them for terrible things, but why should us other dog lovers suffer at someone else's negligence?

(I would love to breed Dogo Arg.) -_-

#dogoargentino

#anericanpitbull

#japanesetosa

#filabrasilieros

Etc...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's not about being the dogs 'fault'. It's about certain breeds having drives and tendencies that are not suitable for the vast majority of people. While I have issue with retrospective BSL laws, i don't see a need to introduce dogs on the banned list that are not already here unless for specific and necesary purpose.

Can't resist.....should resist...must resist...aw to heck with it...icon_smile_mad.gif What instruments do the Band Breeds play??eek1.gif

Ok, that wasn't funny and it is a serious subject, so:

The breeds you list are banned by the Commonwealth from being imported into this country basically it was easier to do that than to make all the states have similar laws enforcing responsibility on dog owners and especially on dog sellers in choosing the correct families into which to place their dogs. Not every breed is suitable for every situation and it should not be about enough money to buy = right to own. The government is trying to protect the community. although those who want to breed and rear human aggressive and dog aggressive dogs will continue to do so regardless of import law. frown.gif

Guest donatella

There are enough morons in ownership of powerful breeds as it is we don't need to add another one into the equation!

Ok so BSL is absolute rubbish. Its been proven it doesnt work and there should be tougher laws in place for responsible ownersship.

Judge the DEED not the BREED.

I will be attending the global PEACEFUL protest against BSL on 13/07/13

I do not own a bull breed, but have family members that do and in hindsight, what breed would be next? hmmm

I think there's a difference between legislation that actually bans breeds being bred and sold (and in theory, existing) in Australia - which is the case with Tosa, Dogo Argentino etc, and the BSL that we have in Victoria.

In Vic, dogs are being euthanised, despite not having done anything. That's different to the law that means that Dogo Argentinos etc are banned in Australia. One actually has an impact on dogs that exist.

.. I don't think I've explained that well, sorry..

Ok so BSL is absolute rubbish. Its been proven it doesnt work and there should be tougher laws in place for responsible ownersship.

I do not own a bull breed, but have family members that do and in hindsight, what breed would be next? hmmm

No there shouldn't be. We have more then enough laws at the moment, we don't need more.

Bullaroo, why are you first replying to yourself in your own previous thread on the same topic and then starting a new thread on the same topic again? I may be wrong, but it seems you're trying to get some kind of rise from people.

No there shouldn't be. We have more then enough laws at the moment, we don't need more.

so its ok to kill a breed based on its appearance?

so its ok to kill a breed based on its appearance?

How is that related to saying we don't need new laws?

the current laws in victoria allow for specific breeds to be killed based upon appearance, you saying we dont need new laws comes across as agreeing with the ones currently in place?

You said there should be tougher laws in place for dog ownership. Someone disagreed.

What has that got to do with BSL?

We don't need tougher laws, we need the current ones enforced. But this has been discussed to death.