Dog Desexing, Bleeding Stitches?

I hope you at least called a vet last night... what you have there is NOT normal, even after surgery for a retained testicle. There is way too much bleeding from both sites for my liking.

At the very least I'd be at the vet's door this morning as they open.

T.

It looks fairly normal to me. He's possibly generated a little bit of bleeding when jumping around. Keep an eye on it and try to keep him quiet.

Tdierikx, I think you're thinking the second pic in this thread is the same dog?

Poor lil Italian greyhound!! Bruised so badly!!

He just woke up and stretched on my hubby, so I got him to snap a better picture with the flash on!! Poor Murphy has never had so much attention paid to his bits before!

zuf2ix.jpg

I'm referring to this pic Anne... I certainly wouldn't be all that happy with that amount of blood leakage from a sutured wound - especially not after 24 hours or more since the surgery.

T.

Hmm, Riley had the same procedure, with an incision along the side of the shaft of his penis to remove one undescended testicle and the stitched up wound looked much neater and more "closed" than that even as soon as I picked him up. He had no bleeding at all.

Hope Murphy is doing ok today!