Ideas In Wording A Notice To Byb's

Boronia

In the suburb I live in there is always ads on the jetty noticeboard for cute x-bred swf x2n fluffy pups (as well as staffy/mastiff/ridgie/cross-anything). There was a couple with a swf this morning discussing how they were going to breed her next season to the small black dog up the road, so they can make some money.

Can any DOLers direct me to a site that I could copy some relevant notice about pregnancy problems and advantages for desexing...not too long or detailed, that I can laminate and then pin to the noticeboard.

if it stops one byb'er it'll be worth it.

Edited by Boronia

I don't have a link but from experiencing this frequently in my salon, owners expressing they want a litter from Precious because everyone should have a Precious etc...... besides all the talk on costs etc the one fact I look directly at them square in the eye and ask 'would you cope if Precious was to die pre/post,during whelping due to complications?'. That one thing sends them reeling to the vet for desexing. I relate true stories of other owners who have lost their Precious and they can't change their minds fast enough. Of course if we are talking about people who want to breed multiple dogs for profit, this probably wont bother them, they will just get another dog.

I don't have a link but from experiencing this frequently in my salon, owners expressing they want a litter from Precious because everyone should have a Precious etc...... besides all the talk on costs etc the one fact I look directly at them square in the eye and ask 'would you cope if Precious was to die pre/post,during whelping due to complications?'. That one thing sends them reeling to the vet for desexing. I relate true stories of other owners who have lost their Precious and they can't change their minds fast enough. Of course if we are talking about people who want to breed multiple dogs for profit, this probably wont bother them, they will just get another dog.

The bolded question has been used by me too... and it works really well... especially when you then reinforce it with how that can happen...

T.