My Zoo Pictures

grizabella

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, they're so like us, but so different too aren't they. It's fascinating to look at their expressions and interactions with each other. Um, I wondered if Furahi has suffered some injury to his privates, I couldn't help notice, he seems to be missing a penis. :o What's going on there?

I'm pretty sure I have some pics of Furahi's boy bits somewhere... *grin*

Check out his physique though - one seriously well proportioned boy there!

One of the keepers on Sunday told us that Furahi is like Lubutu's 2nd in command... and that if there is ever going to be a challenge for the alpha position, they reckon it will be Furahi that makes the challenge. Right now though he appears to be happy enough as number 2 boy in town.

T.

Well - I DID post it as a thumbnail sized pic - to see the full detail you had to click on it... lol!

I can vouch for the fact that ALL the boys at Taronga have one, and aren't afraid to show it off at the slightest opportunity... just like their human counterparts... hehe!

T.

• 2 months later...

A few pics from my visit to Monarto yesterday, more photos are on Flickr if anyone is interested. :) I swear Zuri gets cuter every time I visit!

11331057305_54d6b76535_z.jpg

Galatea by PANgrizabella, on Flickr

11331255023_588eb07db3_z.jpg

Tsotsi by PANgrizabella, on Flickr

11331294364_22ca1ac466_z.jpg

Zuri and Zwala playing chase by PANgrizabella, on Flickr

11331408733_bdc6626b54_z.jpg

"Play with me Zwala!" by PANgrizabella, on Flickr

11331461626_bf9afb1944_z.jpg

Boyd by PANgrizabella, on Flickr

11330627894_891203a634_z.jpg

Galatea by PANgrizabella, on Flickr

11330706806_fa4c20ab6c_z.jpg

Tsotsi by PANgrizabella, on Flickr

11330852636_e2bef78d63_z.jpg

Zuri by PANgrizabella, on Flickr

Lovely photos!

I need to get out there again. I have not had much luck with chimp photos - they seem to be mostly inside when I have been there or just outside so the angle is terrible. Is there a best time of day to be there and see them out and about?

Lovely photos!

I need to get out there again. I have not had much luck with chimp photos - they seem to be mostly inside when I have been there or just outside so the angle is terrible. Is there a best time of day to be there and see them out and about?

They always come outside for the keeper talk at 2:15, and just before they go indoors for dinner at around 4. Aside from that, it's just luck really.

Lovely photos!

They always come outside for the keeper talk at 2:15, and just before they go indoors for dinner at around 4. Aside from that, it's just luck really.

Yes, I go to the keeper talk but find the light not great in there at that time - they seem to end up sitting in deep shadows. Must just be my bad luck :(

Received the confirmation letter for the members breakfast with the Cheetah yesterday, so looking forward to it :)