11 Week Old Boxer Puppy Admitted To Hospital

I was going to try show her, plus look at a bit of agility as my other two used to love it. Might look at obedience now. Still can't believe how many people have asked me why I just didn't put her down. As long as the vet said there was hope, she was not going to be put down.

Its a long wait to find out what it is, I've never fed raw meat except chicken but my breeder has said she did. Im hoping its ratlung for her sake as she really feels aweful.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long have you had her? If you feed beef it should be frozen prior to feeding to avoid this problem. Worth keeping in mind for the future.

Hopefully, she will be ok. Pups often recover really well. Good luck :)

Ive never fed beef to any of my dogs. If its Neo they can get it whilst in the womb, mum could be a carrier and she wouldnt know or she could have gotten infected when fed raw beef by the breeder. Both neuro and vet have said symptoms can sit dormant for some time. Oh well not much longer to find out.

All clear for Neo, just have to wait on ratlung result. Vet was amazed at her recovery, couldn't believe how good she is and seems to think she may not have any after affects. He said she is certainly a strong willed pup, thats for sure

• 2 weeks later...

I think that the litter sibling has now got the same problem

That doesn't sound good. With two littermates affected it could be TNS which is something they will not find unless they do a bone marrow biopsy. This is why it went undiagnosed in BCs for so many years. The symptoms varied with whatever infection the dog had so no two were exactly the same. Similar conditions are common in many species so it is highly likely that breeds other than BCs will also carry genes for TNS like conditions.

Sick Border Collie pup

Edited by dancinbcs