Looking For A Leather Collar & Lead

Sail_Away

Can anyone recommend where I can get a beautiful leather collar & lead for my HV who is turning 1 soon and I want to spoil her smile.gif

I have read a few posts on here and from what I gather the three best places to buy from would be:

- K9 Pro

- Ruthless Leather

- Karma Collars

I would really love a feminine & jewelled collar for my girl so leaning toward the last two companies. The only down side is I'm at the beach nearly everyday with her so will need to change over to another collar then so hopefully the leather will get enough use. I'm thinking it will be great for on leash walks, obedience and other activities…

Would love to hear your thoughts smile.gif

This is Zig's second collar from Ruthless Leather - it is a martingale and I bought a lead to go with it - the 3 in 1 lead.

8230940821_0c9ea62a08.jpg

Zigs new collar 11.12 by Jodie Moore Photos, on Flickr

This is his first collar - again I bought a matching lead, just a normal length lead with brass fittings to match the collar.

8221279213_4013ab6be4.jpg

Ziggy 26.11.12 by Jodie Moore Photos, on Flickr

I love this gear and I had my doubts about it as my boy is always in mud or water.. In summer time, he swims in the local pond daily and once a fortnight or so, I simply give it a condition with the cream that Ruthless gave me and all the gear stays looking like it is brand new.

It is soft leather and the leads are so lovely to hold.

If you would like something really special and handmade take a look at www.etsy.com there are some magnificent artisans on there..... I am sure you would find what you are looking for!

I wouldn't trust most of those collars. There are very few collars that have good quality fittings.

Can't go past Ruthless Leather for a good spoiling! I bought my girl a matching collar and lead set for her 1st birthday.

They have a new girly bling design, I think it's called heat throb you should check that one out, sounds like what you are after.

I wouldn't use any leather collar in the sea water, buy a cheap one for the beach and a leather one for the rest of the time.

Ruthless Leather. Seriously.

Ruth and Dave helped me custom make one for my girl which I got a few weeks ago. I also wanted something feminine and girly and they delivered! It's the latest design on the website. They also custom made me an awesome three-way lead.

The quality is really, REALLY good. Plus it's all handmade. It's SO sparkly in the sunlight, very hard to capture in a photo, but I've had so many comments!

DFC169F0-99A4-47A9-B12E-64B7DA09ADB4-16462-0000031D96C00021_zpsc288d6b2.jpg

Edited by melzawelza

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm not sure about going via Etsy for leather as who knows what the 'quality' is like & I want it to last forever - however, there are some fantastic things on Etsy and I bought a fabric collar from the UK and I LOVED it (for the design) but the stitching broke in it just the other day frown.gif

It seems like Ruthless is the way to go then!!! At first I though maybe the designs were a bit 'masculine' for my fine featured girl but I LOVE your's melzawelza!! Very beautiful! My girl is a red dog too and the brown leather is the way I was leaning too… I might email and try for a customised one thumbsup1.gif

Ella's lead lets you customise your collars (colour, bling, embroidered text) and they have a type of collar that looks like leather, but it doesn't matter if it gets wet. The website is www.ellaslead.com and the collar is called Vegan. They do real leather as well though.

I got a vegan collar for my JRT x, who likes to get wet, roll in poo, and scratches at it. Not a mark on it 2 years later, still looks as good as new.

Edited by fuzzy82

I highly recommend you look for oli collars, its a guy in canada and he sells them on etsy.com.... they are phenomenal!

Here is a link http://www.etsy.com/shop/OLICOLLARS

Getting my baby mastiff girl some! He does custom jobs too.

I know Ruthless and K9 Pro are excellent, I can personally recommend the K9 Pro leather collars and leads. I've had a K9 Pro leather lead for over 7 years and it is soft but incredibly strong and excellent to walk the doggies with.

I have never seen anything like these Oli collars. They are amazing!! Wow!!!! Certainly unique. I'm gonna start saving for a special pressie. I love them :)

I have 3 collars from Karma collars.

All custom made, all guaranteed for life.

Mine swim daily in the lake.

I have had them ages and they still look amazing, top quality, not cheap looking crap.

I have seen RR ones at our market and they are cheap hard leather.

All 3 were less than $200 delivered, they are really helpful with design,suggesting colours for them and which works best, my dogs are in their gallery, hardest part is picking only 3!

post-3531-0-63209200-1376944383_thumb.png

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'm not sure about going via Etsy for leather as who knows what the 'quality' is like & I want it to last forever - however, there are some fantastic things on Etsy and I bought a fabric collar from the UK and I LOVED it (for the design) but the stitching broke in it just the other day frown.gif

It seems like Ruthless is the way to go then!!! At first I though maybe the designs were a bit 'masculine' for my fine featured girl but I LOVE your's melzawelza!! Very beautiful! My girl is a red dog too and the brown leather is the way I was leaning too… I might email and try for a customised one thumbsup1.gif

Cocoa's collar is burgundy :)

I replied to your email last night, if you've any more questions let me know?