Clean Run

sheena

Footwear is not on free shipping, but OH is interested in a pair of waterproof shoes. Does anyone know how US corresponds to either Aussie or continental sizing? He is about a size 7 - 7.5

Can't help directly trifecta. But a couple of thoughts.

Have a look at the tongue label on some trainers here .. most have US and European sizes on them. Having said that, I find that sizes vary with make.

And also, given that shipping from CR is very expensive (hence we get so excited about free shipping :D ) I would think it would be more cost effective to buy here - there are some great Goretex shoes available in different brands - from hiking and camping places like Mountain Designs, Snowgum, etc. etc.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Footwear is not on free shipping, but OH is interested in a pair of waterproof shoes. Does anyone know how US corresponds to either Aussie or continental sizing? He is about a size 7 - 7.5

Have a look at the tongue label on some trainers here .. most have US and European sizes on them. Having said that, I find that sizes vary with make.

And also, given that shipping from CR is very expensive (hence we get so excited about free shipping :D ) I would think it would be more cost effective to buy here - there are some great Goretex shoes available in different brands - from hiking and camping places like Mountain Designs, Snowgum, etc. etc.

Try Wiggle.com.au for shoes - good prices and if you spend over $75 I think it is, free shipping thumbsup1.gif

I may or may not have just placed my 3rd Wiggle order in a year embarrass.gif It's becoming my own Clean Run for human goodies!

Try Wiggle.com.au for shoes - good prices and if you spend over $75 I think it is, free shipping thumbsup1.gif

I may or may not have just placed my 3rd Wiggle order in a year embarrass.gif It's becoming my own Clean Run for human goodies!

Ohhhhhhhh....RS, you are a very naughty enabler :mad I just took a peak & they have all the Helly Hansen gear & such great prices :)

Thanks, we will have a look. Snowgum, Mountain Designs, Paddy Pallin et al have all proved to be unsuitable for various reasons!

Ohhhhhhhh....RS, you are a very naughty enabler :mad I just took a peak & they have all the Helly Hansen gear & such great prices :)

Then my job here is done :D

My status on Wiggle says I now qualify for Gold customer discount. Ooops embarrass.gif I guess it's a plus I'm not at platinum yet, gotta spend 500 pounds in a year to get that laugh.gif

ETA: Sign up for the wiggle email newsletter and you get $8 off your first order :)

Edited by RubyStar

Also - Chain Reaction Cycles (in the UK) - Got my Salomons from them for cheaper than Wiggle had them - free shipping to Aus too if your order is $99+ and it only took a few days.

They are Wiggle's competitor and have much of the same stuff - worth comparing them

Edited by pie

Ruby Star you have been my downfall :cry: I am up to $154 on the Wiggle site & still going. I couldn't believe the selection of quality swimmers & the price is just unbelievable....or maybe it was just a dream & when I go back into the site everything tempting will disappear. :crazy:

Ruby Star you have been my downfall :cry: I am up to $154 on the Wiggle site & still going. I couldn't believe the selection of quality swimmers & the price is just unbelievable....or maybe it was just a dream & when I go back into the site everything tempting will disappear. :crazy:

laugh.gif yeah I seem to want to keep buying stuff just for the hell of it! I need a new backpack for uni so ordered one with my $35 pair of Pumas. I also ordered a drink bottle, cos ya know, you can't buy them in shops here rofl1.gif

Sometimes if you're lucky, you go back and it has gotten cheaper! Happened with my last pair of Adidas shoes. Got them for 50 bucks thumbsup1.gif

Oh shoot!! I only just realised that the order I placed on Monday was missing a cap that I had in my basket but it somehow disappeared without me noticing when I checked out and paid crying.gif I have just emailed them to plead with them to add it to my order and send it when my currently out of stock items come in and are sent. I will be disappointed if they refuse as I don't want to pay shipping costs when I've already ordered enough to qualify for free shipping, considering I buy from them regularly and have just referred them more business! :p

Edited by RubyStar

laugh.gif yeah I seem to want to keep buying stuff just for the hell of it! I need a new backpack for uni so ordered one with my $35 pair of Pumas. I also ordered a drink bottle, cos ya know, you can't buy them in shops here rofl1.gif

Sometimes if you're lucky, you go back and it has gotten cheaper! Happened with my last pair of Adidas shoes. Got them for 50 bucks thumbsup1.gif

Oh shoot!! I only just realised that the order I placed on Monday was missing a cap that I had in my basket but it somehow disappeared without me noticing when I checked out and paid crying.gif I have just emailed them to plead with them to add it to my order and send it when my currently out of stock items come in and are sent. I will be disappointed if they refuse as I don't want to pay shipping costs when I've already ordered enough to qualify for free shipping, considering I buy from them regularly and have just referred them more business! :p

No such luck here...I made an order up last night (took me ages to decide on things) & sent my request in for the $8.00 voucher, which hasn't come, but in the meantime my order total has jumped by $11.00 while I have been waiting for my voucher :cry:

No such luck here...I made an order up last night (took me ages to decide on things) & sent my request in for the $8.00 voucher, which hasn't come, but in the meantime my order total has jumped by $11.00 while I have been waiting for my voucher :cry:

Check your junk mail folder? It was emailed to me instantly. I'd contact them and ask :)

That's exciting, poocow. Our dogs are amazing, aren't they.

My parcel arrived today :thumbsup: :D . The tug toys look great - and the rain jacket is really nice. The dogs watched me intently while I was getting stuff out of the box - Kirra is disgusted because there was no food :rofl: ... but Rory's eyes opened wide when he saw the tugtastic bungee tug toy with the fur braided in - he started tugging on it pretty much straight away, and then tugged me across the room to 'his' sofa where he parked himself and the toy next to his toy stash - and then started sucking on the fur :rofl: .

Thank you DOL enablers - :rofl: