Looking For A Dog Training School In Xxx

For those looking for dog training schools I have created a list.

Currently it contains a list of schools in

- Melbourne

- Canberra

- Tasmania

The spreadsheet allows you to add comments, so if you wish to add any additional schools please let me know and I'll do my best to keep this updated for us all. If you would like to contribute and edit the spreadsheet directly please PM me.

Dog Training Schools List

Edited by Sparden

For those looking for dog training schools I have created a list. Currently it contains a list of schools in Melbourne and Canberra.

The spreadsheet allows you to add comments, so if you wish to add any additional schools please let me know and I'll do my best to keep this updated for us all.

Dog Training Schools List

In Canberra, BDOC definitely offers Rally O classes (Sundays after 10am) and BDOC and ACTCDC are the only two clubs to offer Dances with Dogs (DWD) classes.

Thanks everyone.

I have just made the first round of updates and also changed the sharing permissions on the link.

There are some schools I have not researched in detail so there may be missing information at the moment. As time allows I'll try and follow every link to ensure it's accurate.

BDOC (ballarat dog obedience club), Victoria.

www.bdoc.com.au

Puppy pre school

Puppy class

Obed classes 1-5

Flyball

Agility

Rally o

Tricks

Tracking

I think that's all :laugh:.

Edited by Clover

NSW, Sydney

Brush Farm Dog Training Club

http://brushfarm.com.au

Brush Farm Park, Cnr Marsden Road and Lawson Street, Eastwood, NSW, 2122.

Primarily an obedience club, with a bit of agility.

Training is on Sundays.

They allow martingale collars and check chains, but do not insist on any particular collar.

Grounds are dedicated to the dog club while training is on (ie does not take place in the middle of an off lead dog park!)

Brief info from the website.

After completion of Beginner Classes, you move into the Advanced Classes where your dog will be begin to work off leash. In these classes you also learn to prepare your dog for Obedience and Rally O trials.

These classes will furnish you with the necessary knowledge and skills to attain any titles in Dog Obedience and Rally O and we encourage you to participate.

Those who are interested in agility trials also have monthly access to equipment. Instructors are available to give guidance.

Instructor training is provided for interested members

Edited by dwynwen

NSW, Sydney.

Leichhardt Dog Training Club

http://ldtc.com.au

Hawthorne Canal Reserve in Leichhardt, NSW 2040

Training is on Sundays.

Obedience classes with agility available for members of classes 3 & 4.

Classes are held in an off lead dog zone -

from the site -

The Club trains in an off-leash dog park so there will be times when there are distractions, ie. a dog, a ball or even a child runs through class. Use these distractions as a fun training exercise. It is important to be able to handle and manage your dog regardless of distractions.

Note there is currently an application to start a "canine games club" on Saturdays in the same area.

(link to council site)

Council has received a request from an experienced dog trainer for permission to run a Canine Games Club in the off-leash area of Hawthorne Canal Reserve on Saturday afternoons from 3pm to 5pm.

If the park users are in favour of this, a 5 year licence may be granted to the operator of the Club.

It would require an area of about 100 square metres (50m x 20m) located in the grassed area just before the amenities block and Café Bones and where there is dog training on Sunday mornings (although the Canine Games Club would use a smaller area than the dog training.)

The Canine Games Club would include Agility Training and Rally O. The applicant’s proposal is available for download for the community to consider.

Edited by dwynwen

• 2 weeks later...