Oohhh...

persephone

At some stage IN THE FUTURE

I hope to have a little Chinese Crested companion .....

IN THE FUTURE ;)

Today I discovered there are 'hairy hairless' ones :D Some look very , ermmm, 'artistic' ..others are just gorgeous scruffs ..and others have a '5 o'clock' shadow effect :) I LIKE .

Hmmmm.... My dream is taking shape :)

There are several hair variations Persephone :)

crestiecoatsdegrees.jpg

The majority of cresties are generally hairy to some extent and need trimming to look like a 'true' hairless. A true hairless crestie isn't that easy to find. My beautiful Banshee (RIP) was a true hairless. Of the four I have here at the moment, Madeline and Pepper are moderate hairless, Sarge is a hairy hairless and foster boy, Jordie, is a very hairy hairless :laugh:

Thanks, YG !! :) ... having never ever set my sights on a particular type/breed of dog - I'm enjoying this :)

( Mind you , fate has some funny ideas ..and it could well send me some large boofer with bear claws and a deadly tail - oh, wait_ that's already happened ! ... anyhow .. dreams are to be enjoyed ;) )

The hairy ones are powderpuffs. Smart little dog, very agile almost cat like in behaviour. We adopted one, she got on well with the pointers and the cat. She adopted the cat when it was a kitten and they would play chasey in the middle of the night up and over the bed each taking turns to chase each other. Slept either under the blankets or beneath the cat. :rofl:

Thanks, YG !! :) ... having never ever set my sights on a particular type/breed of dog - I'm enjoying this :)

( Mind you , fate has some funny ideas ..and it could well send me some large boofer with bear claws and a deadly tail - oh, wait_ that's already happened ! ... anyhow .. dreams are to be enjoyed ;) )

Yay perse! I spent 7 years dreaming between meeting my first toller and getting one of my own...it's nice when dreams do come true :)

Yay perse! I spent 7 years dreaming between meeting my first toller and getting one of my own...it's nice when dreams do come true :)

Tollers were once on my list - just such happy faces and amazing colour!

I met my first crestie at the Royal Melbourne Show ....ohh , back in the late 1980's ? I remember what it felt like to pat him .. his skin felt like that of someone sunbaking on a beach - warm, oily & a bit gritty :)

The hairy ones are powderpuffs.

Not true :) See YG's chart. My Daisy is a PP, but kept clipped short as she is just a pet and happier that way, but she has a very different coat to a hairy hairless.

I think Louis is a hairless x sparsely coated :laugh:

They can be snuggle-bums

5669274073_6466dc8813.jpg

beach-bums

6658242953_84cd8e1b6d.jpg

or bush-bums :D

7830567660_3a41f6203a.jpg

Bowie is gorgeous indigirl :love: