Deerhound Needing Rescue

I happened to be in a vet clinic in Kew yesterday and saw a notice on their board about a deerhound free to a good home. McDuff is a 7yo male deerhound, fully vaccinated, microchipped and neutered. The notice said his owners have a baby now and dont want him anymore. Someone else aware of his situation has put the notice up and said he doesn't have many years left, probably only 1 or 2 and needs a soft landing, somewhere to spend his golden years. the person to contact is Tabitha 9859 6225 I just thought posting on DOL might help him.

9958321554_cef3eaeac5_o.jpg

deerhound ad 3 by kirislin, on Flickr

9958296225_37d3a0f168_o.jpg

deerhound ad 2 by kirislin, on Flickr

9958296545_8d7f462bc9_o.jpg

deerhound ad 1 by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin

I've just found the Deerhound Club of VIC so have left a message and will email the details.

I was going to suggest this. Most of mine have made 12+ so could have years left in him the poor chap. :(. Bloody angry.

If the DCV cant help I will be happy to thru some $s to rescue to help him. Kew is in the middle of breeder territory - I wonder if that route has been tried??

Edited by Meea

Kew is in the middle of breeder territory - I wonder if that route has been tried??

OT: Really!? The Kew I know and lived in for nearly 6 years is filled with Mum's driving their kids to school in 4WD beemers or walking the streets with expensive prams and going on watermelon diets.

What a gorgeous dog :heart:

on a side note though, when did a dog needing a new home privately equal a dog needing 'rescue'. Also when did buying a dog privately become 'adoption' ??

Edited by skyefool

I actually couldn't get an email through to them - something wrong with their email according to Bigpond which is weird.

Had left a phone msg but left no details as I thought i'd be emailing them so i'll leave it to Aloysha. :)

Have emailed them this morning. Will let you guys know when I hear back. At 7 years old he wouldn't normally be on his last legs. Hopefully there's nothing medical going on.

What a gorgeous dog :heart:

on a side note though, when did a dog needing a new home privately equal a dog needing 'rescue'. Also when did buying a dog privately become 'adoption' ??

If this is directed at me call it what you want, the end result is the same, the dog needs a new loving reliable home.