Wellington Point Family Find Dog Bella Killed In 'gruesome' Ba

Caesars mum

Even if it can't be helped in an emergency, it wasn't an emergency. They had just gone away for the weekend. They have two grown daughters who live nearby. One daughter went to the property on the Saturday morning - they were selling a car and she was showing a prospective buyer. She didn't see the dog or check on it.

Direct quote from the buyer of the car when asked " Yes ******* was there on Saturday morning at 8:45. I was there buying a car and as she went to go inside to check up on Bella, I asked for a jump start just as she was drawing the curtains. She got distracted and came back out front and that's when we did all the paperwork. There's no way this happened any other night besides Friday because there was no sign of Bella when we got there"

So the daughter obviously left the property without checking on the dog even though she was THERE and couldn't see or hear her.

So the supposedly loving family who are utterly devastated ,left the dog alone all weekend, had time to go to the property to conduct a business transaction, didn't see or hear the dog "got distracted" and then never went back for the rest of the weekend to feed/check water/ walk/play with or otherwise attend to or check on the dog. Sorry but the only one I feel sorry for is the dog, if there was marks on the cement she obviously did not die instantly.

Before starting Facebook pages demanding justice for their poor dog they should have a long hard look in the mirror, if the dog was attacked I hope they catch the perpetrator, it is a very low act ,but in my opinion the owners need to take responsibility for leaving their dog in such a position.

Even if it can't be helped in an emergency, it wasn't an emergency. They had just gone away for the weekend. They have two grown daughters who live nearby. One daughter went to the property on the Saturday morning - they were selling a car and she was showing a prospective buyer. She didn't see the dog or check on it.

Direct quote from the buyer of the car when asked " Yes ******* was there on Saturday morning at 8:45. I was there buying a car and as she went to go inside to check up on Bella, I asked for a jump start just as she was drawing the curtains. She got distracted and came back out front and that's when we did all the paperwork. There's no way this happened any other night besides Friday because there was no sign of Bella when we got there"

So the daughter obviously left the property without checking on the dog even though she was THERE and couldn't see or hear her.

So the supposedly loving family who are utterly devastated ,left the dog alone all weekend, had time to go to the property to conduct a business transaction, didn't see or hear the dog "got distracted" and then never went back for the rest of the weekend to feed/check water/ walk/play with or otherwise attend to or check on the dog. Sorry but the only one I feel sorry for is the dog, if there was marks on the cement she obviously did not die instantly.

Before starting Facebook pages demanding justice for their poor dog they should have a long hard look in the mirror, if the dog was attacked I hope they catch the perpetrator, it is a very low act ,but in my opinion the owners need to take responsibility for leaving their dog in such a position.

Agree.

Sure there are emergencies, but this was not one.

I too don't agree with leaving a dog alone just for a weekend away. I appreciate people get stuck and are with no other option but this doesn't sound like the case here at all. Plus I wouldn't enjoy it anyway, worrying if my dog was OK the whole time. Still, Bella didn't deserve to suffer for their thoughtlessness and I hope they find out what happened to her and get whoever was responsible.

RIP Bella :angel:

"I went outside and there was a strong smell

:confused: Or maybe she wasn't being fed :confused:

Why's that?

Because it takes a few days for a dead animal to smell. If the dog was being visited and fed daily I doubt the smell would have been strong enough for the owner to have been hit with it on arrival home. I'm just guessing.

"I went outside and there was a strong smell

:confused: Or maybe she wasn't being fed :confused:

Why's that?

Only a guess but if they are thinking she died Friday night then whoever was feeding her would have found her before Monday morning. So if they can't narrow down a more accurate time frame then no one was regularly checking on her :confused:

Sorry - posted at the same time as Clyde.

Edited by Chocolatelover

That is horrifying :cry: poor Bella all alone.

It's hard to have sympathy for the owners but I hope it makes other people think twice before casually leaving their dog sitting in the yard for days. Who was supposed to be topping up her food if she eats the lot? Who was making sure she had water? Who was checking that she was still there and not escaped or stolen or injured? FFS have some common sense.

Rest in peace Bella :rainbowbridge:

. Who was supposed to be topping up her food if she eats the lot?

That's what doesn't make sense. She was a clean dog who finished the food in her bowl, plus the crumbs around the bowl. She had apparently left crumbs which was not usual for her and they think she had died at the tail end of her meal. So someone must have fed her right before the incident. If she was that way inclined, plus being a Lab, she can't have been free feeding. Those two comments in the story just don't tie together for me. Not saying the story is sus, it just isn't very clear about whether the dog was left for days unattended or not.