Has Your Dog Had A 'mid Life Crisis'?

kelpiecuddles

At the age of 9 1/2 despite have access to them her entire life my kelpie has suddenly discovered the joy of toys, zoomies and digging I soft ground! :laugh: In the past the most I could convince her of was chasing a tennis ball, suddenly now she chews the tennis balls up and plays with other toys she never would have touched before...weird dog :p

My sister's husky/shep girl Wolf is now 10 and has also discovered 'fun' and 'silly' in the past six months. The funniest is when I give an empty toilet roll to Tempeh and Stussy and find it maybe 15 mins later being under the full control of Wolf! She still has moments of being the fun police on the other two but she will often be found now coveting the toys that the other dogs were previously playing with (they'll be whining in the background).

Yep, a couple of years ago Sarge reverted to puppyhood and decided that toys were super fun. He has some special toys now that only he is allowed to play with. When you pull out his teddy or his pig he gets super excited!

Around the same time, my friends GSP decided to have a mid-life crisis too and started behaving like a naughty puppy! I think they were planning it together.