Chris' Crazy Pack

Okay, I swear this time I'm not going to slack off and I'll keep this thread updated regularly! (Have we heard this before? :p)

I haven't been around in a while and so if you don't know me, my name is Chris and I am making up for a childhood largely without pets by surrounding myself with them in adult life...

I cannot believe how quickly my girl Maya has grown up. She's nearly two now and people laugh when I tell her 'good puppy' when we're out training.

post-40409-0-67411400-1386392073_thumb.jpg\

She's still very much a beach girl and loves the water. How could you not in a Townsville summer?!

... won't let me upload anything else... has the limit been decreased or do you have to post photos one per post now...?

Edited by Chris the Rebel Wolf

Lovely to see a grown up photo of Maya, I loved her puppy pics and she has grown into a beautiful adult :love: Leo is just stunning too!

Now, where are the rest of your crazy gang :provoke:

Okay okay tonight I'll put some on photobucket and catch everyone up :p

She's gorgeous, love the photo in your sig as well :) I never realised how huge anatolians were until I saw one at Crufts and I was gobsmacked...I imagined them being labrador sized :eek: Good thing she's a water baby, you'd have to be in FNQ Summer!

They can be very massive! Maya is only a little girl, but she has some biiiig relatives! If you want lots more photos, just click through that sig photo in the link :)

I got some great snapshots of Maya and some doggy friends at her buddy Austin's birthday BBQ i couldn't resist sharing!

1Party3_zps18db109f.jpg

"What? Austin got on the table first..."

1Party8_zps9465ad7a.jpg

"Haha, stole your toy!"

1Party23_zpsc5883203.jpg

Playing on the beach!

1Party19_zpsa57a31e4.jpg

Playing with new friend Kobie!

1Party35_zps2d11b16f.jpg

Love this one of Kobie with his sister Lily, though she is just a baby she is definitely the boss of him!

1Party5_zps54e42466.jpg

Birthday cuddles for Austin <3

• 2 months later...

And here's a few of my fancy mice:

My straw brindle Manx girl, Anna

14Feb_Anna_zps0cba732b.jpg

The fatty boomboom sisters - like many fawn based colours Jenny and Abbie have weight issues.

14Feb_Sisters_zps250373a7.jpg

Sub-Zero, a longcoat blue burmese, looks tiny alongside the other girls. She's the most athletic of my mice and is always climbing or running on the wheel.

14Feb_Subby_zps84d8c520.jpg

Handsome man Johnny is a snow tiger, and I hope he'll sire some really love babies once the cooler weather turns up!

14Feb_Johnny_zps587095b6.jpg

And my other breeding male, longcoat Siamese, Vaughn.

14Feb_Vaughn_zpsfa3e3601.jpg

What a heap of beautiful animals you have, Chris. I love your mice :thumbsup: . I can relate to the Fatty Boom Boom girls :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Danny! Nice to know I'm not the only one... my cat Leo put on weight too stealing the food from the kittens I fostered *eyeroll* Urgh, it's genetic with the fawn mice though. I even went to the trouble for two previous girls of separating them form the girls' tub and housing them separately so I could control their diet strictly - not much grain, mostly fruit and veg, and you just can't get them to drop the weight!

Here's the fat boy... a half body shot :p

post-40409-0-38629600-1393152181_thumb.jpg

OMG Denali, they could be long-lost twins! :D Actually your boy does look like he has angora in him to my eye. They have quite distinctive facial shapes. Did you adopt him? Do you know any of his background? Can I see more photos?

I'll trade you... photo for a photo? :D

They could!

I saw Leo and was like-OMG. Thats my cat!

I think he is as well- after looking at pictures of them on google we couldn't really doubt it. There are quite a few similarities between Jasper and an angora.

We did, he was from a kitten rescue here- Advertised in our vets office :) His picture was on the wall. We got him at 11ish weeks old :)

Ill go even better. A photo for two photos!

I would have uploaded more, but apparently they are too big :) And i feel no one wants to see that many photos of my cat :laugh:

post-42249-0-70397300-1393195093_thumb.jpg

post-42249-0-21720000-1393195107_thumb.jpg

Your mice are so cute! What are mice like as pets? I had rats before getting my puppy, and my baby Sunny will probably always be one of the best pet I've ever owned, she was literally a dog in a little rat body. I imagine mice are quite different personality wise though.

sunny_zpsfb4bcddf.jpg

OMG Denali, they could be long-lost twins! :D Actually your boy does look like he has angora in him to my eye. They have quite distinctive facial shapes. Did you adopt him? Do you know any of his background? Can I see more photos?

I'll trade you... photo for a photo? :D

They could!

I saw Leo and was like-OMG. Thats my cat!

I think he is as well- after looking at pictures of them on google we couldn't really doubt it. There are quite a few similarities between Jasper and an angora.

We did, he was from a kitten rescue here- Advertised in our vets office :) His picture was on the wall. We got him at 11ish weeks old :)

Ill go even better. A photo for two photos!

I would have uploaded more, but apparently they are too big :) And i feel no one wants to see that many photos of my cat :laugh:

Hey, what are photo threads for? :D

What's Jasper's personality like? Leo completely has the ragdoll attributes. He flops over when you so much as touch him and is an attention hog. One of my friends over for a movie night remarked after Leo flopped upside-down in his lap and allowed his belly to be rubbed 'A normal cat would be biting me my now' :laugh:

The photo below is his dramatic pose when we're watching TV and we're disturbing his beauty sleep:

post-40409-0-24222400-1393241163_thumb.jpg

Your mice are so cute! What are mice like as pets? I had rats before getting my puppy, and my baby Sunny will probably always be one of the best pet I've ever owned, she was literally a dog in a little rat body. I imagine mice are quite different personality wise though.

sunny_zpsfb4bcddf.jpg

Naww your Sunny, so cute :) Rats I love too, my favourite girl, Maverick, used to adore car rides more than anything and would ride on my shoulder to and from the car, and curl up between the seat and the headrest while we drove :D

Mice are a little less interactive and robust, and I don't recommend them to very young children. But if you get ones like mine which have been bred for calm temperaments and handled since a day old, they are wonderfully friendly and trainable, brilliant for older kids or a household who might not have enough time for a rat.

Hey, what are photo threads for? :D

What's Jasper's personality like? Leo completely has the ragdoll attributes. He flops over when you so much as touch him and is an attention hog. One of my friends over for a movie night remarked after Leo flopped upside-down in his lap and allowed his belly to be rubbed 'A normal cat would be biting me my now' :laugh:

The photo below is his dramatic pose when we're watching TV and we're disturbing his beauty sleep:

Very true :)

He LOVES me, lets me do anything. Pretty much hates or merely tolerates anyone else. Depending on how nice he is feeling on the day haha

My sister came and was patting him. I told her hat he didnt look happy and that it may be wise to stop, she didnt, and lo and behold he bit her haha

Not hard, but it was a definite "stop that now."

I wanted a ragdoll, but havent ever gotten one. Instead we got Max, who is now 13 ish months old. Who is half egyptian mao.

Was an "oops" kitten from my friends cat. He is the friendliest cat ever. And half dog i swear

:laugh:

He is like you described Leo :)

I will get some more photos from my USB in the morning :)