Where Do You Bathe Your Dogs?

Guest hanko

Well now I know where you live :laugh: go to Erina Heights vet and use their hydrobath. It's really easy to use, I threw both of mine in there together a few weeks ago and for $10 you get a wash, condition, some sort of coat shine thing and a tick and flea rinse. One of the girls will show you how it works :)

whaddaya know stans mum, we share the same vet too! :laugh: the girls there are so great. I'm forever calling them and coming in for the most ridiculous reasons though, yesterday it was because Hank ate a cardboard Cruskits box so I called them up in a panic :rofl: and I'm always coming in for Odie's weird health issues, I'm convinced they think I'm a little bit of a nutty dog lady!

Thanks for the tip, I think I will bring him there over the weekend! Do you know if the hydrobath there has a drying station?

Of course you would use EVH Michael is the best vet on the Coast! I'm alway there as Stan is the most accident prone Greyhound on the planet, I walk in and they just say "what as he done now".

Yes they have a drying station.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wash my two in a shell pool in the yard.

Our boy dozer will happily splash, dig and generally be a loon in his little pool. When it's bath time, he puts on the breaks and doesn't want a bar of it.

Winter time it'll probably be a trip to the hydrobath if they need a bath in that time

Rusty gets washed with the hose (using shower setting on hose trigger), he swims in cold water all of the time and he is a big dog so it is much easier to wash him this way on the deck.

Tilly & Jess get washed with warm tubs of water outside on the deck. I fill up a large tub and use a smaller one to get warm water from inside.

Plastic-Bucket-garden-Tubtrug-flexible-Plastic-Tub.jpg

Guest hankodie

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Took Hank to have his first hydrobath this morning at the vet (thanks stans mum for the tip :D), he was not a fan but he didn't protest as much as I thought he would :D and I can't believe how clean he is! The water pressure really helps get the dirt out of his fur.

Here he is after a bath:

24bj72u.jpg

Odie says "oh wow Hank, you smell so gooood"

Guest hankodie

Quick stans mum, get in while they are both smelling fresh and lovely :laugh:

My poor neighbour went to give Hank a smooch yesterday before I could warn her about the stink - poor lady found out soon enough! Hank still insisted on a kiss though :laugh:

Guest hankodie

Very cute!

I've been checking in to see how Hank liked his bath!

Thanks JulesP! Can't say he was thrilled about it but it was certainly very convenient for me, loved how easy it was to use :laugh: he wasn't too bad though he just stood there and looked miserable the whole time, I had to give him lots of treats after it was done :laugh:. His fur is looking so bright now, didn't realise how dirty his coat was! It's around 4 shades lighter now. I'm definitely a fan of the hydrobath :thumbsup:

Nawww look at him :) how old is Hank?

He's approaching 6 months now Aussie3! He's still got lots of growing to do but I can't believe how big he is already. He's still acting like a goofy puppy though, I hear the puppy stage lasts a while with goldies :D

He's certainly a very white GR! I love the huge colour spectrum they can come in -- I'm kinda partial to the deep, rich gold (almost brown/tan) myself. He really is a stunning dog! :love:

Glad to hear Hank enjoyed his hydrobath -- perhaps if you're able to take help next time, they could shovel him treats during his was too to encourage him to appreciate the wash more!!