52/2014

gapvic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just had what sounds like bad news about Zephyr. I had xrays and a blood test done last week. X-rays showed nothing. Vet just rang to say that his blood cell count is very low indicating a bleed. He suspects a tumor on his spleen. Back to vet tomorrow for ultrasound. :(

Sending LOVE & Good vibes to Zephyr and you.

Poppy is stunning

:love:

Beautiful pic's everybody :thumbsup:

Teekay, love that shot of Mya :heart: Just gorgeous. Especially with the lovely sunset colours in the background.

gapvic, beautiful shot of Poppy. Sending positive vibes for you & darling Zephyr :grouphug:

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. The ultrasound showed growths on his spleen. Our vet gave us three options - do nothing, and one day he would bleed internally to death (she said it wouldn't be painful, we'd just find him gone), put him to sleep now, or remove the spleen and hope that the cancer hasn't spread. I'm always reluctant to do surgery on old dogs but she felt it was worth a chance, so we've opted for this. The surgery will be tonight. I think though that it's highly likely they will find more tumors when they open him up in which case he will be gently let go then. I think our vet was preparing us for this - she told us to go spend some time down the park with him before leaving him with them. We decided not to, as we're not the sort of people who find solace in spending time with a dog who is highly likely about to die (it's just too painful for me). So now it's just wait and see what happens tonight. :(:(:(

Off topic, but here are a few more photos of the beautiful Poppy. She's an iggy owned by our kennel manager.

14806563602_a7dbeb6006_c.jpg

14620201980_7b46a40c8c_c.jpg

14620271899_4835e79e9e_c.jpg

14620272389_f21c419807_c.jpg

All paws crossed here for tonight gapvic.... Hope everything goes well. Very worrying time for you :(

Sending all the positive healing thoughts for Zephyr.

Poppy is so very sweet. The pawfect model by all accounts :D

Beautiful photo's once again.

Edited by BC Crazy

Zeph survived the surgery and is so far, doing far better than expected. He had a huge cyst (15cm) on the spleen and it was bleeding internally (within the spleen). Fingers crossed he will be home tomorrow. We visited him today and his gum colour was so much better, and he was much brighter than he was prior to the surgery. I'm so glad we went with this option. Yay for Zephyr :cheer:

Zeph survived the surgery and is so far, doing far better than expected. He had a huge cyst (15cm) on the spleen and it was bleeding internally (within the spleen). Fingers crossed he will be home tomorrow. We visited him today and his gum colour was so much better, and he was much brighter than he was prior to the surgery. I'm so glad we went with this option. Yay for Zephyr :cheer:

yay Zeph! :thumbsup:

Yay that's wonderful news for Zeph :thumbsup:

Yay that's wonderful news for Zeph :thumbsup:

A second yay for Zeph's recovery! Your vet sounds very good!

Thank you so much everyone for your kind thoughts - Zephyr will be coming home tonight :D . Now we've just got to get some weight onto him. Yep LFF, our vet is a star. I don't think anyone here is from Bendigo? But if you ever need a vet in the area, her name is Sue Collins and she has McIvor Rd Vet Clinic. Been going there for years and would recommend her to anyone.