gapvic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh wow, that's a fantastic pic Gapvic.

I'm still around, but haven't been well the past few weeks and the weather hasn't been great to go out and take pics (well that's my excuse anyway).

Here is one of the recent full moon. I need a better lense, poor moon, it's so tiny. :laugh:

Week 32/52

14861487259_ab0532a07b_z.jpg

Edited by Weibritty

I like she impala in the long grass...... it fits the upward movement of the total composition - the horns, trees, & grass :)

As for me? Well, I haven't got anything to show for the last three weeks :( , so I guess I'll have to bow out & leave you guys to it.

Don't you dare. There is still the best part of the year left. So out you go and capture the world for us to see and enjoy.

thanks guys! That is my last photo on here for four weeks as I'm off to Italy on Monday. I'll take my weekly portrait pics while away but won't be able to upload them till I return :)

Oh I am so jealous. Have a fantastic trip. Enjoy the art, the culture, the architecture and the FOOD. :wave:

Thanks guys! I've never been so I'm really looking forward to it :). Just hope I've got enough memory cards for all the photos I'm sure to take :laugh: . Will certainly pop some up here when I return. I hope we don't lose any more contributors to this group while I'm away. It's almost Spring, so a great time for getting out with our cameras! :D

Wow, I hope you have an awesome trip gapvic and enjoy all that authentic Italian food :) I was never a big fan of mozzarella until I had proper buffalo mozzarella in Italy, and then there was the to die for gelato in Florence.... excuse me while I wipe the drool off my desk

Anyway speaking of spring, this one is a little different for me but still keeping with the theme with Sarah in the background :p

Week 35/52 - Spring onion flowering

912b9305-c29c-483c-bf08-6e42ea7aa4d2_zps7862884d.jpg

You guys are doing so well! I'm hanging in there by the skin of my teeth, just have to get around to uploading.

Have an awesome time, Gap (and I love the one of you with the skull on. Superb).

I didn't realize I was so behind. I am not improving and think I need some input as I just bought my camera and off I went; haven't had any lessons etc. I think I need some input as I feel like I don't get the clarity etc I want. I am shooting on the automatic settings.

33/52

14939697822_3bc1bdf04e_c.jpgDSC_0306 by christinerj, on Flickr

34/52

15067861766_ca91528c32_c.jpgDSC_0307 by christinerj, on Flickr

35/52

14904176249_c767affdc6_c.jpgDSC_0313 by christinerj, on Flickr

Edited by Lady Flying Furball

By 'automatic settings' do you mean aperture priority and shutter priority or fully automatic LFF? I can't offer too much advice I'm afraid, I'm a beginner myself but I would say Light is probably the biggest factor in getting a great photo. Maybe you could read some books on it or I follow Digital Photography school on FB. Brilliant page, they post stuff daily from the very basics up to some quite advanced stuff. Definitely worth following them :)

LFF you have improved heaps! Keep going!

That first image is pretty amazing, love how you got the plane in there :)

That said, can you be a bit more specific about what you'd like to improve? What do you mean by clarity?

And if you'd like to take your camera off auto settings, just try it :) It's a steep learning curve, but you'll get it.

LFF you have improved heaps! Keep going!

That first image is pretty amazing, love how you got the plane in there :)

That said, can you be a bit more specific about what you'd like to improve? What do you mean by clarity?

And if you'd like to take your camera off auto settings, just try it :) It's a steep learning curve, but you'll get it.

Thanks Huga! I feel like when I look at other people's photos on here they look really sharp and have strong contrast between what's in focus and background out of focus. Plus the colours often look fuller/richer/more vibrant. I do think I need to go off automatic. I got a DSLR Photography for Dummies from the library... I need to read about technical things with the camera...you know, those technical thingies :rofl:

Edited by Lady Flying Furball