Wait For Papers...

twisties

I don't have a clue who the breeder is but clearly others here do. They have not had the opportunity to defend themselves and have been judged. Just don't like the feel of it - that's all.

The breeder in question can jump in at any time, seeing as they are an active member of the forum.

Edited by Mim

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure if they are a active board member and knew what was being said about them they would have asked for it to be removed if they weren't prepared to respond and defend themselves. Are you sure they have seen this ?

I don't have a clue who the breeder is but clearly others here do. They have not had the opportunity to defend themselves and have been judged. Just don't like the feel of it - that's all.

The breeder in question can jump in at any time, seeing as they are an active member of the forum.

The breeder obviously HAS jumped in now. Shame it took a public forum post to do it.

Thanks everyone, brilliant news the papers are in the mail registered post according to a PM from breeder. We had been in contact with the executive officer of the states canine association who was making enquiries on our behalf.

Glad you got them in the end minxy, sorry for you guys that never did, thanks for all the PM's.

Will update once they arrive. ..

Would appear it may have been other reason for action - may still be totally unaware of what has been said here

I have no idea who it is.

As I said I do understand stuff happens and I am quite sure if that is made clear and communication is upheld there would be no issues. I am quite sure pretty much anybody would have no issue with that.

I don't expect the rego papers to be ready when I pick the puppy up as I understand these things take time and I know with Dogs West it can take from a couple of weeks to a month - if you don't fast track. However, I would expect to see them well before twelve months.

I can see that having to register and transfer between registeries and from the breeder to the new owner is a bit of a paper shuffle and could cost more money - around $20 to $25 from memory, As a buyer I would prefer to pay the extra $25 and not have to wait for a whole litter to be sold etc and maybe wait months and months for rego papers.

I am not saying a breeder is bad if the papers are taking a bit longer or the new buyer has been informed of such. But I have often seen people say buy a purebred registered dog, getting papers is important, its your only guarentee your dog is what your breeder says it is etc etc. So pet buyers are doing that and then when they get concerned regarding a lack of communication and pedigree papers not arriving they are basically told they are overreacting.

Edited by OSoSwift

I don't know who the breeder is and I don't really care,, my opinion is that it is bad form from the breeder in question. If this is breeder bashing or tearing a new bum hole as someone previously stated then so-be-it.

It is very very easy to return a call or send an email regardless of personal circumstances. The only time such courtesy becomes difficult is when the person in question has not done what they should have. A simple communication that says -" I am sorry I just haven't got around to it yet" is better than no communication at all. When communication becomes one sided, the ignored person is going to become frustrated, I am not sure how that is defensible by anyone?

Service in this country has really gone to the dogs... unfortunately, pun intended.

Sorry I really did not want this to turn into a breeder bashing session, am I disappointed it has taken so long to get the papers and that I have had to rely on the support & good will of other breeders over the last 12months YES. But as Steve said I have no idea what is going on at the other end and I know there are more important things in life. The only reason I raised it now was that I figured if the breeder was now in a position to have another litter then it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask for the papers & the one sided nature of the contact was frustrating...

Our boy has such a great personality and temperament, he is so gentle around our boys and with the right training/work now an absolute joy for everyone to be around. This is a massive credit to the breeder and I guess what we really paid for, customer service would have been a bonus.

I also genuinely wanted to know what a reasonable wait was, as Steve mentioned it can be upto 18months and it is clear others have had issues too.

Thanks vey much all, great news today after circa 62 weeks we are happy to say we have the official papers signed by the breeder and everything.

To quote my Dad "All's well that end's well..."

Edited by twisties