Dogs Who Are Elderly, Exercise Intolerant And Fairly Immobile...

westiemum

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with the pram/buggy westiemum, it looks a great idea. We have a very similar issue with Charlie who is finding it terribly difficult to walk very far any more and got him a second hand pram to take our walks in.

Charlies problem is that he still thinks he's a spring chicken and doesn't realise he really cant go far any more and gets very upset if we go off without him so we tried out the pram idea.

He doesn't like it one little bit and keeps trying to jump out and insists on walking. Though he only gets a couple of houses and then stops so we pop him back in and he stays for a little while and then wants to get out again and so on and so forth!!!!

I've taken to waiting for someone else to be home to be the Charlie walker/carrier and for the other to walk the two younger ones. Though after reading all these responses on DOL I think I'll give the pram another go and try a little harder to make sure that he stays in there and enjoys it.

The things we do for our wonderful oldies :D

Thanks CHA - yes I've found a couple of cheap second hand prams which look like they should work but I hesitate as they are open at the front and I don't want my old Mac falling out! I think Boronias arrangement us much better - particularly as it's lower to the ground and I've wondered if that too makes a difference?

ETA : if you don't mind me asking what sort of pram and what brand did you buy? Three are so many!smile.gif

Edited by westiemum

Oh Boronia that is gold! Although I think it needs tassels or something equally attention seeking! Maybe one of those multi-coloured pinwheels that turn in the breeze?

Or one of those orange flags kids had on their bikes in the 80's?

By the way - it's GREAT! Lucky Penny.

idea2.gif I'm sure others will laugh but I think it's just dawned on me how I can replicate Boronia's Pennymobile without needing to become a metal worker. But I have a question - how easy is it to remove the seat and hood part of a pram and just leave the storage part underneath?

In my head, (Be gentle! I've never used a pram before so very unfamiliar with them), I should then end up with a low to the ground manouverable Macmobile but with push waist height handles! Shouldn't i? confused.gif

Like I said, be gentle and laugh quietly please! embarrass.gif