Need Help With Dimensions Of Car Boot Size...

pipsqueak

Yes, random question, but it is actually dog related. Hubby and I are thinking about looking at a Mazda 6 Classic, but we need to be able to get a large crate in the boot (collapsed). Crate length is 120cm.

anybody happen to own a Mazda 6 and can tell me the measurement across the lip of the boot? Thanks in advance.

Edited by futuredogtrainer

I have a 2013 Mazda 6. I previously had a 2010 model. The boot in the newer model is considerably smaller than the previous model I had. At it's narrowest width (due to wheel arches) it is 1m wide. From the rear of the back seat to the back hatch, it 107cm.

A friends daughter bought my previous car, so if you think it will be helpful, I can get her to measure it. I'm not sure what changes there may have been from 2009 to 2010. She bought her German Shepherd over before buying it, to make sure she would fit in. She did. She didn't bring a crate though, and I only have a small dog.

I can tell you that it easily fits huge big sports kits, folding chairs and luggage for three people to go away for a weekend.

If you don't have passengers on the back seat and will be folding the seat down, it will easily fit your crate.

Do you still need to know? I think I have someone I can ask, just need to check the year of their car (it's either 2008 or 2009, but I think they are the same dimensions).

edit: 2010 boot size http://m.mynrma.com.au/motoring/reviews/mazda-6-sedan-2010-child-restraint-fitting-guide.htm

I know it's not the 2009, but it's a guide (also a good idea of something to google, as it's a child restrain fitting guide)

Load Space

Boot length (Across the centre) 111

Boot width (Across the middle) 115

Boot height Under sun shade cover (5-door vehicles) 53

Boot lip height Under cover (if fitted) 21

Edited by minimax

Do you still need to know? I think I have someone I can ask, just need to check the year of their car (it's either 2008 or 2009, but I think they are the same dimensions).

edit: 2010 boot size http://m.mynrma.com.au/motoring/reviews/mazda-6-sedan-2010-child-restraint-fitting-guide.htm

I know it's not the 2009, but it's a guide (also a good idea of something to google, as it's a child restrain fitting guide)

Load Space

Boot length (Across the centre) 111

Boot width (Across the middle) 115

Boot height Under sun shade cover (5-door vehicles) 53

Boot lip height Under cover (if fitted) 21

thanks... we found a local one and measured... about 10cm too narrow :(