Dogs As Bedfellows

sandgrubber

103 members have voted

1. 1. What do(es) your dog(s) do in bed that annoys you?

• Snore
    • Hog the bed
    • Leave sand and 'presents' in the bed
    • Sleep on top of you
    • Scratch and jiggle the bed
    • Fart
    • Other (explain)
    • Nothing. Bed manners are great!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stan does it all. Burps, farts, groans, grumbles, sighs, kicks me, walks on me, walks on Maddie if she dares to get into bed first and take his spot until she moves, scratches his ears with his back kangaroo feet whilst groaning loudly the whole time, spoons even when it's stinking hot and eventually takes all of the pillows even though he has his own.

Maddie sleeps at the end of the bed after doing about 300 circles with the occassional dig in between and then curls up with her metre and a half stuffed crocodile and sleeps like a log.

This is Stan's usual sleeping position. The blue pillow is his...so are the brown ones apparently.

post-38965-0-89073400-1391896137_thumb.jpg

Guest donatella

I must be seriously lucky with my tiny dogs as 1 sleeps in her bed (by choice) and the other one (smallest) religiously sleeps on the other side of my queen bed with her body on the pillow end. Never will they lay on me or at my feet unless in winter when i'll feel their backs pressed up against mine. Best bed manners ever. They never wake me either will just hover quietly until I stir.

Vinnie sleeps in his crate in our room so if he does a wee before bed he's allowed to come for cuddles before being put away.

I'm against dogs being in my bed purely because I sleep like crap with my partner there flopping around let alone sharing with a dog. However Vinnie will shift to the very end of the bed when he's ready to sleep. He doesn't have bad manners and will have a cuddle and move away. Last night I left him at the end of the bed just to see and I ended up moving him into the crate after 3 hours. He didn't move an inch!!

I'm not keen on him being there when he spends most of his time outside and gets bigger. He'll still be allowed to sleep in our room on cold winter nights on his portable bed or in a bigger crate.

We have 2 cats, one sleeps next to my pillow and the other between us in the winter. They aren't friends with Vinnie yet lol. One is mildly interested but the other is not a fan hhajhaa. I think the cats will spend the winter sleeping around the fireplace so Vinnie can be in with us.

Edited by apocalypsepwnie

So I voted "nothing"... But then last night I remembered one thing when I had this hairy sausage at my feet. He LOVES to lick you! Lick lick lick lick feet legs arms if he gets a chance. He'll stop eventually but it is slightly irritating must admit.

I voted hogs the bed and other. I let the two dogs sleep on the bed every second or third night but only when the OH is away working.

Obie hogs the bed. Whether it's his back against you or his claws digging into your back as he dreams of chasing things. The 'other' thing he does is gets up waaayyyyy too early. He has an uncanny ability to start fidgeting exactly 20 minutes before the alarm every day, even though I change the alarm depending on the days activities. Little Pickle is a great bed sharer, she's a small white fluffy and only occasionally pants if it's hot or licks her feet sometimes.

When they don't get to sleep with me they share a big crate and I think they also sleep better themselves in the crate. I know I do...

Jager is pretty good, he doesnt snore, he will chew his nylabone for about the first 10mins and then drift off to sleep so that doesnt bother me, he doesnt tend to fart but if he does, he is down the end of the bed so not in my face.

He sleeps between my legs and that used to really annoy me, but now, 2 years later, i find it really hard to sleep without him snuggled between my knees.

If my OH is not there, he will sleep up near my chest, he has to sleep touching you, and on hot nights with a hot puppy, I tend to move away and he just wriggles back so he is against you again. And so i end up right on the edge of the bed. But thats probably only a couple of nights a month and even then, as long as its not a stinking hot night, i am fine with it.

No - one thing i forgot to add that does annoy me (but not about Jager), is that when my OH goes to bed, they have a quick wrestle, and Jager jumps around and rolls on his back etc. and then he settles down. This is fine execpt when we go to bed at different times. Then Jager and I are asleep and OH comes to bed, Jager jumps up and jumps all over OH to have a wrestle at 3am!! I have a grumble and click my fingers and he calms down and goes back to sleep super quickly. Not that i get annoyed at Jager, but OH. Maybe i should kick him out of the bed for snoring, farting and hogging the bed!! :rofl:

Edited by Nushie

Must be something about whippets & beds ... Hardly notice my girl down the bottom of the bed.

Twig knows her way under the doona, then stretches across & very rarely moves before morning - great hot water bottle. These hot nights she just spreads out on top of the sheet, still down at the end of the bed.

Sam, on the other hand, prefers his bean bag in the dining room for night time. We don't see him in the bedroom unless there's a thunderstorm & he comes running for company.

Only the JRT is allowed to sleep on the bed. But he has his own little bed in the far corner that he has to stay on. I don't put up with wandering around at night. Bed time is for sleeping.

HaHa love all the different attitudes. Mine only sleeps on the bed when OH is on night shift, and only if the aircon is on, she keeps to her own space at the bottom of the bed, allthough the panting sometimes does shake the bed :) Oh and SAND I have taken to putting a sheet on top of the bedclothes to catch it all as we go to the beach every day and she loooves grinding sand into her long coat. She refuses to sleep with the OH as he 'fidgits' too much and she hates being disturbed.:D