Dogs As Bedfellows

sandgrubber

103 members have voted

1. 1. What do(es) your dog(s) do in bed that annoys you?

• Snore
    • Hog the bed
    • Leave sand and 'presents' in the bed
    • Sleep on top of you
    • Scratch and jiggle the bed
    • Fart
    • Other (explain)
    • Nothing. Bed manners are great!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivy sleeps in my room and most mornings I wake up with her on the end of the bed.

The only time she's annoying is when she's hot and pants, she makes the bed shake. So I kick her off. Or if she's been to the beach the day before and she's filled my bed with sand ...

Hoover and Crumpet sleep on the bed but Hoover gets off sometime during the night to sleep beside it. In winter Crumpet sleeps under the covers for the whole night. Shabby comes in every morning for a quick cuddle and to make sure I am getting up to feed her. I'm probably as guilty as the dogs for doing those things on the list as well so I don't hold it against them if they do. The only thing which is really unpleasant for me is in the morning at the slightest movement from me Crumpet stands over my head shoulder area and rests her face ( big loose floppy jowly face ) over my eyes nose and mouth - so I can't breathe.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one who sleeps with my dog. We have a queen sized bed, but it's not big enough for the four of us, so Henschke sleeps on my day bed that cost $1800 and was custom made, while Jindi sleeps between hubby and me. He grumbles about it, but I love it. Except for when she farts and she always sleeps with her butt facing towards us. Not nice.

There should be a "nothing" option, as I love my guys sleeping on my bed, even when they sleep on my head and hog the blankets or paw at my face to let me know they are cold and need to get under the blankets.

Same here. They are so good really & I never mind if they want to get under the covers. They have to keep warm too.

My two are epic bed hogs and have been banished from the bed until I swap the double for the queen in the spare room.

Apparently two tall adults and two 25kg+ dogs just don't fit in a double bed.

My number one hate however, is that Lucy somehow knows the exact moment I've slipped back into the land of the living, and will proceed to smother me with kisses.

Currently have 2 dogs on the bed - the IG because they just have to be and one of my fosters - I don't normally allow this but she's a 10 kilo determined type and I got fed up with putting her off the bed, barks her head off in a crate so just have to find her a home where she can sleep on the bed! :rofl:

I end up squished over to one side generally.

My number one hate however, is that Lucy somehow knows the exact moment I've slipped back into the land of the living, and will proceed to smother me with kisses.

Stussy seems to know this too! Before Tempeh came to live with us and became the Queen of Morning Wake Ups Ready Or Not, once Stussy sensed I was safely out of my nightly coma she would jump all over me and start scratching the blankets off me and generally being irritating but I was obviously awake enough to always find it funny. Grumpy tired me would've gone spare at that kind of thing!

We allow all 5 dogs on the bed but Astro and Grayson usually go and sleep in their own beds.

My Rascal likes to sleep on my pillow which makes it boof up and gives me a sore neck, I know I should move him but I don't have the heart to so I go to the Chiro and get fixed instead.

Miss Claudia sleeps under the doona between my hubby and I, feels like having a newborn again.

My old Bella girl stretches out along side of me which is fine unless its really hot and I can't get my feet and hands out.

eh, they try to hog my bed, but they move for me when I ask them to, so it doesn't bug me much. otherwise...umm they don't let me get up in the morning? at the exact moment that my alarm goes off, Gypsy get up, noses her way under my covers and snuggles up on me, then I'm so warm and cozy and she looks so sweet that I don't wanna get up lol

Ivy sleeps in my room and most mornings I wake up with her on the end of the bed.

The only time she's annoying is when she's hot and pants, she makes the bed shake. So I kick her off. Or if she's been to the beach the day before and she's filled my bed with sand ...

Yes, I sometimes have to kick mine off for panting and shaking the whole bed, ANNOYING!

Zeddy has her own room for sleeping in... she can't get up on my bed nowadays, and Pickles has a nasty habit of eating Zeddy's beds.

Harper sleeps in her crate so she doesn't snack on the house while I'm asleep.

Pickles and Trouble both sleep on my bed - although in Summer, Pickles prefers to go sleep on the tiles in the bathroom. Trouble shares my pillow and sometimes snores, but I can sleep through anything.

When Zeddy was younger, she used to be my second alarm... which was achieved by farting in my face about 5 minutes after the actual alarm went off... *sigh*

T.