My Pug's Many Lumps

Dogs that can't walk out of the clinic are not sent home from surgery. They are sent to an emergency centre for further monitoring overnight - on IV fluids.

Your vet is grossly negligent if she did not keep your dog under observation for a minimum of four hours post surgery end time, and she is still negligent sending home a dog that clearly had not roused from his anaesthetic, with NO instructions, particularly a brachy breed.

Dogs that can't walk out of the clinic are not sent home from surgery. They are sent to an emergency centre for further monitoring overnight - on IV fluids.

Your vet is grossly negligent if she did not keep your dog under observation for a minimum of four hours post surgery end time, and she is still negligent sending home a dog that clearly had not roused from his anaesthetic, with NO instructions, particularly a brachy breed.

My last vet told me, quite a few years ago, that legally an animal can't be released from the clinic unless it can walk unaided.

My last vet told me, quite a few years ago, that legally an animal can't be released from the clinic unless it can walk unaided.

Is that just post-surgery?

I feel sure it would be for post surgery dogs. Many dogs for various health reasons who have not undergone surgery may not be able to walk freely without the assistance of their owners.

I had deleted a previous post and posted it at around 3am. Sorry about the confusion.

My quote is copied directly from your original post. I happened to be online at the time and read your post when you made it just before 8pm. last night. To say I was puzzled how you could have been up all night with your dog when it was still relatively early (8pm) would be a understatement.

Is that just post-surgery?

I feel sure it would be for post surgery dogs. Many dogs for various health reasons who have not undergone surgery may not be able to walk freely without the assistance of their owners.

Thanks to both of you for the reply. I may make a thread regarding this rather than go off topic.

Such info is of value to me. Jemappelle I was my not understanding hence the question.

Who is Grover? Is that Maeby's pug? I'd think given you've posted in here it must be. I never knew his name.

Rest in peace little boy. You've got good company ready to welcome you at the bridge with the many beautiful pugs and others who have passed before.

Maeby, I'm sorry. I know how hard it is. He's now at peace and those tumours have left him. Hugs to you.