Going To Bed

Gussy is breaking the rules on bed division.smile.gif The human is permitted 1/3 of the bed. She is a cat though and they don't care much for rules. laugh.gif

Aaahahahahaha, love it! :)

What is the cute brown furry womabty looking thing on the far left? Is that a dog or a cat? :laugh:

Poor Gussy Cat. I'll have to keep it quiet that Queen Maeby thinks she looks like a wombat. :laugh: If you go into the Cat forum, you'll see lots of thread I've started about her. She is quite old now, 15+.

My fault; I should have lightened it a bit or tried to :o

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

Gussy is breaking the rules on bed division.smile.gif The human is permitted 1/3 of the bed. She is a cat though and they don't care much for rules. laugh.gif

Oh Ams :laugh: you should see me trying to get into bed. As soon as I sit on the edge of the bed to apply lip cream and handcream, the movement gets underway. Jeune is desperate to sit on me, Myrtie starts her Madam Lash girations (see old, X-rated thread about this :rofl: ), Bunter likes to move to where my feet are supposed to be, Danny starts his old man growling and snapping because everyone is disturbing him, Tamar is confused as to what is expected of her and, generally speaking, I have to consider all their wants, but they have no consideration for mine :cry::cry:.

I should have a video camera in the ceiling to record it all - quite ridiculous really :D :D

Aaahahahahaha, love it! :)

What is the cute brown furry womabty looking thing on the far left? Is that a dog or a cat? :laugh:

Poor Gussy Cat. I'll have to keep it quiet that Queen Maeby thinks she looks like a wombat. :laugh: If you go into the Cat forum, you'll see lots of thread I've started about her. She is quite old now, 15+.

:laugh:

Okay thanks, I will have a look :)

So funny! Now that Tempeh has discovered spooning I have to sleep in an S shape - one dog sleeps behind the knees with my lower legs curled back around it and one has to be near my chest with my arms wrapped around it. There is no rhyme or reason to who takes what spot and throughout the night they seem to swap anyway. Luckily I never 'need' a good night's sleep!

Well - I have a queen sized bed... Trouble at the top on the "passenger" side with her head on the edge of my pillow, and Pickles at the bottom. That's their preferred arrangement.

Zeddy has her own room and comfy beddie, and Harper has her crate with her beddie and toys... as she's still likely to either eat the house, or bring some nice fresh stinky turd in and eat it on the bed... errr!

T.

Oh Ams :laugh: you should see me trying to get into bed. As soon as I sit on the edge of the bed to apply lip cream and handcream, the movement gets underway. Jeune is desperate to sit on me, Myrtie starts her Madam Lash girations (see old, X-rated thread about this :rofl: ), Bunter likes to move to where my feet are supposed to be, Danny starts his old man growling and snapping because everyone is disturbing him, Tamar is confused as to what is expected of her and, generally speaking, I have to consider all their wants, but they have no consideration for mine :cry::cry:.

I should have a video camera in the ceiling to record it all - quite ridiculous really :D :D

Jesus :laugh: I can't believe you fit on with them all :laugh:

When I still lived with my mum our two chi's used to migrate from her bed to my bed to my brothers bed each night :laugh:

Well - I have a queen sized bed... Trouble at the top on the "passenger" side with her head on the edge of my pillow, and Pickles at the bottom. That's their preferred arrangement.

Zeddy has her own room and comfy beddie, and Harper has her crate with her beddie and toys... as she's still likely to either eat the house, or bring some nice fresh stinky turd in and eat it on the bed... errr!

T.

Do they sell crates big enough for horses?

Sometimes, particularly when Bunter lies at my feet, I feel like tossing them all off, but then I would miss them :o:o .

On the rare occasions I have anyone to stay, they do get excited and jump on the person in the second bedroom when that person is going to bed (luckily I know only dog lovers), but eventually all come back to my bed.

Sometimes, particularly when Bunter lies at my feet, I feel like tossing them all off, but then I would miss them :o:o .

On the rare occasions I have anyone to stay, they do get excited and jump on the person in the second bedroom when that person is going to bed (luckily I know only dog lovers), but eventually all come back to my bed.

I know what you mean... Grover used to sleep under the doona, snuggled into my tummy, but he would get too hot and crawl out and come back in again all night! And to get back in again he head butted my face until I lifted up the doona for him!

I ended up making a rule about 'no dogs in beds!' because it was driving me so crazy. Of course I miss it like anything now.

Edited by Queen Maeby

I know what you mean... Grover used to sleep under the doona, snuggled into my tummy, but he would get too hot and crawl out and come back in again all night! And to get back in again he head butted my face until I lifted up the doona for him!

I ended up making a rule about 'no dogs in beds!' because it was driving me so crazy. Of course I miss it like anything now.

With 5 dogs, I could rabbit on forever about their idosyncrasies while out walking, on the bed, eating, house rules :laugh: :laugh: , but at the risk of being a bore, I'll try to restrain myself. My loving sister told me that I used to bore them stupid talking about dogs :o:o

Jake sleeps behind my knees in summer and spoons up against my back with his head on my neck or snuggles up to my chest in winter. Problem is he can turn around and you awake with a derrière for a pillow. It's quite funny because we have sides of the bed and he will get offended if you take his side, you wake up with him standing over you puffing and huffing because you are on his side.

Jake sleeps behind my knees in summer and spoons up against my back with his head on my neck or snuggles up to my chest in winter. Problem is he can turn around and you awake with a derrière for a pillow. It's quite funny because we have sides of the bed and he will get offended if you take his side, you wake up with him standing over you puffing and huffing because you are on his side.

Tamar is the one in my family who gets more confused than upset if someone else is in "her" place. Some time ago, I decided it was time for Gussy Cat to get reintegrated into the household and I figured the only way this was going to happen was to get a crate so she couldn't escape. I would put the crate next to my pillow so Gussy Cat was as close to me as possible, but this was Tamar's place :eek: . She'd spend most of the night standing up moving from place to place and totally unable to settle. Luckily, I didn't need the crate for all that long and she and Gussy Cat have come to an undestanding LOL.

very cute doggies and photos. I need a set of stairs like that for Penny. She gets weaker by the day and I have to get out of bed to lift her up.

They'd be pretty easy to make, K. And for a dog the size of Penny the step would not be wide enough.

Have a look on ebay and also hardware/timber outlets. I'm thinking of getting a set to help Gussy Cat to come in from the front garden.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes those steps are great! I might get some :thumbsup:

I bought them from Innovations, but they haven't been available for a couple of years. For anyone handy, they would be pretty simple to make. I also have a high bed so most of the ones available weren't tall enough. These are perfect.