Labrador Getting Too Randy After Desexing

Guest JDB

Hi there I have a 9 month old black labrador which is our first dog. He is healthy and very active and was desexxed at 6 months.

Since desexxing he still finds the urge to "hump" legs fairly often. Tonight however something different happened, after latching on before I could push him away his whole meat and veg (cannot think of a politically correct word) came out of hiding and I mean the whole thing. Normally it pokes out a bit but this was nothing like that.

Is this normal? It seemed to bother the dog a little bit although it might have been a surprise for him, it also took about 5 minutes to go back into hiding.

Being my first dog and that he has been desexxed I thought it best to ask.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Guest LittlePixie
before I could push him away his whole meat and veg (cannot think of a politically correct word) came out of hiding

He vomited?

Hon are you meaning "meat and two vege?" It sounds as though his two vege have already been removed. :thumbsup: You can say the word PENIS on this forum.... and the word VOMIT too if you want :cry:

Edited to add - I don't know if what he did is normal...never seen it myself.

Edited by blacklabrador

I dont think she is talking about vomit............humping and trying to mate is not uncommon but the 'meat and two veg' is. I would speak to your vet.

Some obedience training would help.

Whenever he jumps up on you or anyone else get them to walk forward straight into him. He will not be able to continue jumping up without falling over and he will realise this is a bad idea.

It's just an erection, for heaven's sake :thumbsup:

jdb,he probably did get a shock...and would've been a bit uncomfortable.your family need some training on how best to manage him, so this doesn't become a habit . It is not ideal behaviour.

he needs a check-up as well, and maybe something to assist with re-training.He is a teenager, and needs to know his boundaries!!

Seriously leg humpin isnt a good look, I seen a lady in the park sitting on the bench with her JRT happily humping her leg off :thumbsup: I ask her why she dosnt stop him,she said its a behavioural problem and shes supposed to ignore it and he will stop...yeah right 2months later the dog still does it :cry:

Dont know about meat and vegetables,but sometimes my dog will sit down and show the world his wang...

Yes it was his penis, sorry wasnt sure if this was more of a family site.

Thanks for the replies was just a bit of a surprise the whole thing has never made an appearance before.

He does go to obedience training every week does not help with his humping though, might ring the vet tomorrow just in case.

It's just an erection, for heaven's sake :love:

jdb,he probably did get a shock...and would've been a bit uncomfortable.your family need some training on how best to manage him, so this doesn't become a habit . It is not ideal behaviour.

he needs a check-up as well, and maybe something to assist with re-training.He is a teenager, and needs to know his boundaries!!

:cry::cry::cry::(:love:

Maybe you are underestimating my purity ???? :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: you are all so funny.

Dont worry, it wasnt the desexing that caused it, give him a full three to six months before urges dispurse and desexing takes effect. Hes at the exact age where urges are real....it doesnt always happen when their little 'things' come all the way out including his little knot at the end he may have just got particuarly exicted. It must be so strange for you being your first dog, dont worry, hes not a freak or anything....if you watch bitches that do NOT accept a dog even about to try it on, they really get cranky, just do that with a big NOOOOOOOOO with a deep growl in your voice and really startle him. or just throw him on the floor by scruff, that works too....lol

getting him spayed early was a good move now you need to address the humping,when he approaches your leg you need to start training his behaviour before he gets a chance,you need to be quicker as usually the dog shows signs prior to humping,its time for you to be the pack leader not the dog

My boy will sometimes swat at an outstretched leg, I know this is a sign he is about to try it on. I just give him a quick "Arrhh" (growly sound which I can't spell) and he knows to back off. He seems to try it with OH instead of me, not because he is "gender confused", more lilely because I am stricter with my discipline.

cheers,

Corine

before I could push him away his whole meat and veg (cannot think of a politically correct word) came out of hiding
He vomited?

:) Thanks for the laugh!

Reminds me of the movie Something about Mary......"Franks and beans, Franks and beans" :vomit: