Vip Natures Goodness Grain Free

I've bought some of this for the greys to try. It was only going to be a small feed once a day as they have chicken mince for the main feed but supplier has no chicken mince this week! So they will be getting it as their main meal for close to 2 weeks by the time I get my next lot. Will be interesting to see how they go.

Let us know how it goes Rebanne.

So far so good. No sloppy poor, no farts, no scratching. And fussy boy appears to like it.

I've bought some of this for the greys to try. It was only going to be a small feed once a day as they have chicken mince for the main feed but supplier has no chicken mince this week! So they will be getting it as their main meal for close to 2 weeks by the time I get my next lot. Will be interesting to see how they go.

Let us know how it goes Rebanne.

So far so good. No sloppy poor, no farts, no scratching. And fussy boy appears to like it.

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Just an update. While the dogs enjoy the food and look good I have noticed they drink a large amount after a feed. Only dry food I have ever noticed them doing that. Once I finish up what I have I won't be getting any more.

Ours don't get a lot of dry food especially the 2 younger ones but I buy this brand (inbetween buying RC (Cavalier) dry food) and I have had no problems with it at all. Cavaliers can get itchy skin, so grain free is better for them. I feed the cats a grain free cat dry food as well :)

I don't find it expensive with the amount they get, I can make it last for ages between 3 Cavs.

Just an update. While the dogs enjoy the food and look good I have noticed they drink a large amount after a feed. Only dry food I have ever noticed them doing that. Once I finish up what I have I won't be getting any more.

I thought it was just my imagination, but my two go through a lot of water when they are being fed this too. I wouldn't say it was excessive, but certainly a lot more than when they are eating their regular dry.

That's interesting, mine don't but they only get a total of one and a half cups a day of kibble. The bulk of their diet is raw so maybe that's why :/

That's interesting, mine don't but they only get a total of one and a half cups a day of kibble. The bulk of their diet is raw so maybe that's why :/

It happens after 2 cups dry, they drink a very large amount.

I'm a raw feeder so I only have a small bag for emergencies. Sarah my 13 year old Westie would scratch like there's no tomorrow on other dry good. On this stuff she's fine. So I think it's great value for money and seems to be genuinely grain free.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got some of this to give the dogs a go. They love it - although one is not fussy at all :) Their coats look great but I ma finding I am having to feed them twice a much to keep their weight on and also their muscle quality has dropped. I would use it happily as a fill in food but I wouldn't feed it all the time.

I have found this happens with quite a number of foods. My Whippets do quite a bit of exercise and I find many foods just don't have enough protein in them for their needs.

Other than that its a good food though