Scary Experience

Good miss DDD!

It was dramatic today watching clouds come over then feeling the freeze! Stevie and I were at Henson park watching the Jets win and we went from too hot in the sun regretting the black tshirt to buying a beenie to survive the last 20 minutes.

Bluebags won!

Could be right, LG.

I've just been around to see the people whose tree it is and some of it is also in their side neighbour's place :eek: . They have been trying for years to get council permission to have it removed and council says no. Drongos... Council that is.

Perhaps another request to council with my photographs.

I've heard that before DDD and the offending tree took out the side of someone's house during a storm. Council can be quite ridiculous. They let suburbs sprout up everywhere and still want to protect open space and trees and wildlife but don't seem to be very good with the whole risk assessment and planning stuff to enable it to safely happen. I think there was a case on the tv about a council street car park next to a council park in a Sydney suburb. A massive dead tree in the park fell over smashing some cars in the car park and council were trying to get out of being responsible for it. Their land. Their tree. Their determination on the land use too.

I reckon your neighbours should just pretend the whole trunk split in the wind and for safety reasons they had to remove what remained of the tree. What if a poor, rare native bird or animal tried to sit on the spikey tree and injured itself? :eek:

Amazing what strength and the right tools can do. My neighbour came around and chopped up the branches in a few minutes. It would have taken me all day. He needed the chainsaw (god they are terrifying things :eek: ) on one of the branches.

Chainsaws are lethal weapons for sure.

Glad you had a neighbour who was a cavalier and came to your aid, DDD.

:)