Raw Food Puppy- Diarrhoea !

I mostly give him carrot and brocolli, sometimes cauliflower.

I will try doing as suggested, splitting uo the veggies into 3 meals etc and reducing coconut oil. But for now I will stick with the boiled chicken and brown rice for a couple of days and then add chicken necks back in, then some veggies but cooked ones. Does that sound ok?

The great news is that George just did another solid poo that isn't too dark and not too light! So that's now 2 days of normal stools after 4 days of diarrohea! Hope it continues so I can start trying out all of the great advice from everyone and get him back on raw. Other than chicken necks, what bones are people giving their little pups? I don't want to break his teeth or choke him but he seems to cope beautifully with chicken necks. And also, do butchers tend to do the right sort of bones? We are on a mostly vegan diet these days due to my daughter having cancer so we are all super healthy now, so the whole meat on the bone thing is probably easier if I make friends with a butcher, yes??

Try the butcher in Beaconsfield next to pet shop, remember the brown rice with the meat as mentioned.

..not sure - but for veggies , i would suggest a little green leafy stuff like spinach ..a little green beans ..maybe zucchini, carrot ,& no cabbage/cauli/broccoli for a while ... that family tend to upset human bellies- so maybe pups' as well :)

AS for bones - chicken wings ..chicken feet , lamb ribs ,

With the chicken necks I would not be feeding them whole, I have heard of dogs choking on them and some have died, I use chicken necks a couple of times a week and I cut them up in bite size pieces.

With that organic mix of meat is the offal liver? that could have caused his problem by feeding him too much of it, overfeeding can produce loose stools in a puppy too. The offal I feed is lamb or beef heart raw, lamb and beef tongue cooked.

I always have on hand Fauldings Pro Biotics, very handy thing to have in the dog cupboard for loose stools.

Keep his diet raw but simple, and yes steam the vegetables and mix through the meat.

With the chicken necks I would not be feeding them whole, I have heard of dogs choking on them and some have died, I use chicken necks a couple of times a week and I cut them up in bite size pieces.

I have only ever heard of this when a chicken neck is given to a large breed, and a dog who tends not to chew, but swallow the chicken neck whole. If your dog is chewing it, it should be fine.

• 4 weeks later...