Dog Treadmills

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late for replying but....

I have had two electric treadmills for my dogs over the years.

They were the cheapest human ones I could get that allowed the start speed to be .8kph. It is more common for them to start at 1kph.

Probably if you have big dogs starting a 1kph would be OK but I have medium sized dogs.

The first one lasted for over 5 years and the second one is about 18 months old now and no problems.

The first one cost me $200 and the second cost $350 (inflation).

I put a puppy enclosure down the sides so they don't try to dismount.

I wouldn't even consider getting on special dog treadmill or paying a high price for it.

The cheaper ones have worked well for my lot!

No idea on brands but I would going to say the same as Rebanne that for anything more than a medium breed they will not be long enough.

I bought a human 1 (for the humans primarily)last year and spent ages looking for 1 as I figured I wanted 1 long enough to use for the dogs too. My criteria was the longest and widest deck I could get in our price range and that is about 1.5m long which is just long enough for the border collies.

Thank you Stitch! I was trying to get a Fitforlife one but in 3 weeks cannot get a reply to emails or phone calls. I'm not sure if they are in business anymore. Does anyone know?

Definitely still in business, they had a massive IT crash that wasn't immediately detected.

Marian at Canine Comfort is brilliant to deal with, I've just this week had my FFL treadmill arrive - love it already and the dogs have only been on it twice :)

Most human treadmills are too short for anything larger than a small/medium sized dogs, I spent a lot of time researching trying to find a human treadmill with a long enough deck that both myself and the dogs could use, but I was looking at semi-commercial treadmills. If you use a treadmill too short you risk the dog shortening their stride slightly to avoid falling off, or thinking they are going to fall off.

Don't expect to get one straight away, seems that many of these guys don't have them in stock. CC had the shortest wait at about 4 weeks, another company I was looking at closer to 8 weeks, probably 9 by the time it arrived on my doorstep.

Thank you Red Fox! I did see those but they don't go fast enough. Was wanting up to 20kms so I can run dogs on it. I might call them and ask!

20km would be a very fast sprint. Are you sure you want/need to go that fast?

The dogs should really be jogging on the treadmill as opposed to running/sprinting for long distances.

We have a shipment of Dogpacer treadmills about to leave now, hoping they will arrive by the end of the month. They will be priced well under $1000. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions! :)

Edited by huski

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Motorized-Dog-Treadmill-Walking-Machine-Wire-Mesh-Sides-200x46cm-walking-area-/171359783517?pt=AU_Pet_Supplies&hash=item27e5d6ca5d&_uhb=1

Same specs as the fit fur life, but much cheaper.

The seller is very good, I have purchased from her and am extremely happy with both product and service.

Red Fox, I have contacted the ebay seller and they are looking into the extra requirements I need. Thank you for your contact.

We have a shipment of Dogpacer treadmills about to leave now, hoping they will arrive by the end of the month. They will be priced well under $1000. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions! :)

I am very interested in these!

• 1 month later...

I am very interested in these!

Hey Rebanne, these just arrived today, we have already sold half of the shipment but do have some left at this stage.

http://www.k9pro.com.au/dogpacer-treadmill.html

Price is $799 plus shipping.

I have the lagest fitfurlife treadmill and love it, I got mine second hand and didn't get any instruction manual with it. I phoned the company that sells them and they went out of their way to send me a manual and to help me any way they could. I would not use a human one if it is for a bigger dog because as someone else said it changes their stride. Mine is for my Newfoundland when I am getting him fit for showing and he needs every bit of the length. Plus they can't jump of due to the sides

http://www.fitfurlife.com/dog-treadmills/

Love the fitfurlife ones and spent a day with the people who sell them when they were over for the Royal last week but bit beyond my budget. Definitely a very sturdy treadmill although unless you have a dedicated space for them they are fairly bulky.