Important Request For Allerzoit And Grumpette

Brandiandwe

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a bit of an experiment using individual bowls, we normally have big group bowls. We just started these guys in single bowls, as you tend to do when at the very beginning anyway, and then continued - they don't know anything different, and they all eat in a very well behaved manner (even if some of them are still gorging piglets - at least it's only in their own bowls) :)

I still think we've been very luck with how well these guys took to weaning though, so not sure how much of a role that has played with them eating well in their own bowls. Will need to try it in another litter to get a bit more of an idea :laugh:

Yellow is the little sweetie :) She was the smallest born, and she's a very sweet, gentle girl - very cuddly :D

She is my pick then ;) :laugh:

And I believe Congratulations are in order

as there Daddy is now an Australian Champion :thumbsup:

We have one going to a show home in Perth and another to a possible show home in FNQ, so you never know :)

We show so rarely now that it's unlikely that our girl will get titled! I just have no enthusiasm for it anymore. Hoping to start obedience trial work with Nova next year though, would love to get back into trialling!

I've been enjoying this thread too. Love the pics. I love rotties now I have my own but to be honest I was dead scared of them before. My boy is such a gentle soul. I will never be without one now.

Just interested to know...some of them have the pointier nose, longer faces and some have the bigger, boofier faces. Where does that come from? American and german lines?

Just interested to know...some of them have the pointier nose, longer faces and some have the bigger, boofier faces. Where does that come from? American and german lines?

Basically, it's just good and bad breeding. Longer, pointier noses are not correct in the breed standard. Mind you, neither are some of the extreme short/square faces that we see now in some lines. The ratio of muzzle to skull should be 1:1.5.

It's a bit of an old wives tale that longer pointer noses are American lines and squarer heads are German lines :) A correctly bred dog will have a squarer head shape, but not overdone :)