Important Request For Allerzoit And Grumpette

Brandiandwe

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teela my girl Dee is not to standard, with a long narrow muzzle and her Mother's ears :rofl: , but she came from Championship parents. Her brothers from the same litter, and a repeat mating, are multi V rated dogs, with working titles. It is a genetic toss of the dice.

Do I love her any less? Hell no. She is an amazing dog who has achieved so much and gained a few working titles. See my two favourite photos of her at the moment below. These were taken on the weekend at Lake Hume. It was her first time on a kayak.

DeewithMikeonakayak_zpsece06c36.jpg

Deeonakayak_zpsffbf6cbd.jpg

Teela my girl Dee is not to standard, with a long narrow muzzle and her Mother's ears :rofl: , but she came from Championship parents. Her brothers from the same litter, and a repeat mating, are multi V rated dogs, with working titles. It is a genetic toss of the dice.

Do I love her any less? Hell no. She is an amazing dog who has achieved so much and gained a few working titles. See my two favourite photos of her at the moment below. These were taken on the weekend at Lake Hume. It was her first time on a kayak.

DeewithMikeonakayak_zpsece06c36.jpg

Keep these photos away. Dont wanna see them............ MUCH.

OhMyDog!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loving every single photo ALWAYS.

:heart:

Teela my girl Dee is not to standard, with a long narrow muzzle and her Mother's ears :rofl: , but she came from Championship parents.

My apologies, I should have clarified that it can also just happen - it's not always bad breeding. No offense intended!

After all, I have Feonix here, who IS an Australian Champion, and she has a longer muzzle and not enough stop - I'm not thrilled with her head shape at all, and she's from lines that have very strong and correct head types. She then went on to produce Nova who has a very good head shape :) So yes, it can also just be genetic lottery.

By and large though - long pointy faces are often the result of poor breeding, for example backyard breeders breeding without actually knowing what the standard is :)

Teela my girl Dee is not to standard, with a long narrow muzzle and her Mother's ears :rofl: , but she came from Championship parents.

My apologies, I should have clarified that it can also just happen - it's not always bad breeding. No offense intended!

After all, I have Feonix here, who IS an Australian Champion, and she has a longer muzzle and not enough stop - I'm not thrilled with her head shape at all, and she's from lines that have very strong and correct head types. She then went on to produce Nova who has a very good head shape :) So yes, it can also just be genetic lottery.

By and large though - long pointy faces are often the result of poor breeding, for example backyard breeders breeding without actually knowing what the standard is :)

No offence taken. :D

If I did not know Dee's breeding and her breeder so well, I would swear that she is Labrador x Kelpie :rofl:

aaaw the puppy pics are so cute. I remember when I could hold my boy in my arms like a baby...not anymore, he's a big lanky teenager now. I love the intelligence of the breed, he is one of the easiest dogs I've ever trained. We are top of the class in obedience and I'm hoping to trail soon.

Love the kayaking pics, my boy is a bit scared of water atm, a hot summer might change that though ;)

He is 9 months and weighs only 22 kilos, he was the runt though. Should he weigh more? The vet said keep him more on the lean side. We feed Blackhawk, fresh mince and chicken frames (when I can get them). I also have added yogurt for extra calcium.

He is 9 months and weighs only 22 kilos, he was the runt though. Should he weigh more? The vet said keep him more on the lean side. We feed Blackhawk, fresh mince and chicken frames (when I can get them). I also have added yogurt for extra calcium.

As long as you can clearly see his waist, then he weighs what he weighs :) I agree with the vet - much better that he be on the lean side while growing, that's much easier on his developing joints :)

He might end up being a smaller male, or he might just develop slowly. We have two males here, directly related, who are at opposite ends of the standard for height. Radar is at the smaller end, and weighs about 40kg. Neo is right at the top and weighs about 55kg. So there can be quite a big difference in individual dogs :)