Important Request For Allerzoit And Grumpette

Brandiandwe

When's the approximate due date Allerzeit?

The last time I had a pregnant Rotti was back in 1995... she blew out from 36kg to 51kg, and gave me 11 big babies on Christmas Day... so much for me relaxing and enjoying myself... spent the afternoon/evening up to my eyeballs in dog afterbirth... *sigh*... she was a complete bitch about food while pregnant too - would only eat lean beef (no fat at all) smothered in milk...

T.

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I had a pregnant Rotti was back in 1995... she blew out from 36kg to 51kg, and gave me 11 big babies on Christmas Day... so much for me relaxing and enjoying myself... spent the afternoon/evening up to my eyeballs in dog afterbirth... *sigh*... she was a complete bitch about food while pregnant too - would only eat lean beef (no fat at all) smothered in milk...

T.

ZsaZsa Bitch Vizsla would only eat loin of veal in milk.

That litter produced 12 fat, healthy babies too.

:eek:

23rd of September :)

I count ourselves very lucky that we've never had a bitch go picky with food while pregnant (touching wood while I say that!) - I think that would drive me mad!

If you don't mind her going 2 days over, then the babies can share my Pickles' birthday... *grin*

T.

ZsaZsa Bitch Vizsla would only eat loin of veal in milk.

That litter produced 12 fat, healthy babies too.

:eek:

Yeah - they seem to know what will produce big fat babies, don't they?

T.

The nightmare is having enough puppy collars that are very different in colour, so that you do not mix up the puppies as they grow and develop :eek:

I bags Mr Green or Mr Brown or Ms Green or Ms Brown

My bestest puppies have worn those colours.

With the Vizslak, when they produce the numbers, we have used two different styles AND careful note taking

:thumbsup:

Our rule is 500g per puppy...............

So that means with 10kg weight gain.................

20 puppies :bolt: :bolt:

Noooo, the rule of thumb is around 1kg per puppy - Enya gained 1.18kg per puppy, and Feonix gained 1.14kg per puppy :)

500 grams weight gain per puppy would be awfully tiny puppies! Don't forget, you have to take into account the placenta, etc, as well as the puppy, and the puppies weigh around 350 - 500 grams on their own :)

My Rotti girl gained 15kgs for her 11 pups... and they were all around 450g each at birth... which was a nice size I reckon. she was so big near the end that she couldn't reach to lick/scratch between her enormous udders, so we taught her a new trick "show us yer tits", where she'd roll on her back to show her boobies, and then we'd scratch between them for her... lol!

I didn't weigh my Lab before she dropped her 10 500g pups.. but she was HUGE! And udders that would have put Dolly Parton to shame to boot!

T.

Motherhood is definitely murder on a girl's figure. This is what Zeph's litter did to poor Bliss.

These were taken on Bliss and Baylee's birthday 12th May

IMGP0642_zps7908cf08.jpg

IMGP0643_zps7d1e64d6.jpg

And 2 weeks later when they have teefs :eek:

IMGP0678_zps869d7af9.jpg

IMGP0679_zps531f01f7.jpg

Edited by grumpette