Which Breeds Do You Wish Were In Australia?

Kavik

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha I used to hear them before I saw them when there was a couple being shown over here!

Years ago I stayed overnight with a bloodhound breeder in Vic who also had an Otterhound and a Blue Tick.

I used to want an Otterhound but now my big scruffy fantasy is a Spinone.

I'd love a:

Catahoula Leopard Dog

Qimmiq or Canadian Inuit Dog - not the American version (but I bet Alexsandr will tell me it's just a Husky :D)

I had s friend who owned a Catahoula and it was a great dog with a big voice and the most amazing eyes. Could hunt all day but equally happy hanging on the porch. He was a loveable goofball and if I had a large property away from neighbours, I'd own one in a heartbeat).

When I was young, I had a job replanting trees in the Yukon Territory and a few people had Qimmiq Dogs. A LOT of dog and don't suffer fools gladly but incredibly intelligent. They regularly did the Iditarod with their dogs and a more impressive sight I've never seen. I doubt they'd ever come here as they are first and foremost pack dogs; NOT family pets but they are so beautiful. And when you see them alongside a Husky, you can see the difference.

Edited by Stressmagnet