Cheese Question

Ivory & Beau

So I had a brain fart and put a brand new block of cheese in the cheese container on Monday then some how managed to put the cheese container BACK in to the pantry :confused:

Only now have I discovered my stupid error.

I am going to throw away said cheese as it won't be safe for humans but would it be OK for the dogs to have a bit grated on their dinner? Or not worth the risk?

So I had a brain fart and put a brand new block of cheese in the cheese container on Monday then some how managed to put the cheese container BACK in to the pantry :confused:

Only now have I discovered my stupid error.

I am going to throw away said cheese as it won't be safe for humans but would it be OK for the dogs to have a bit grated on their dinner? Or not worth the risk?

I have feed stale cheese to the dogs without hassles.

If the dogs are in good health, I dont think there would be a problem.

Puppy actually ate a great chunk of Blue Vein cheese once. The Vet assured me his system could cope. We had no explosions/poops etc.

:(

I personally wouldn't chance it.

I would, but then I've made my own cheese and lived years with out power and several with out refrigeration. Is it in a sealed pack? What is the temp in there?

I would think if its 'Off' it would be changed to look at or smell. I cured my own 2 months in a small stone pantry built on to my kitchen.

If your pantry is fairly cool and the cheese hasnt any visual 'sweating' or mould then I would probably still eat it. Most cheeses are not matured in refrigerators....

you can always wipe the surface of the cheese down with vinegar if you are concerned.

Edited by espinay2