Great Barko Smell

j8boon

Hi everyone

I have just opened a new bag of Great Barko dry food that i have never used before and it has a different sweet smell to it is this normal? i have never used Great Barko before.Other dog food that i have used has never smelt like this,it's not a stale smell just different.

And it's not out of date.

Help :)

Cheers.

I was a Barko advocate until I moved to Black Hawk, which they only get in the morning, I feed RAW at night.

I thought my dogs like Barko, they would usually eat it, sometimes leave it, sometimes share one bowl and leave the other one.

I moved to Black Hawk and breakfast is now eaten right away, one dog literally jumps up and down on the spot while I am getting it.

I haven't used Barko for some time, but I never noticed a strange smell.

Hi everyone

I have just opened a new bag of Great Barko dry food that i have never used before and it has a different sweet smell to it is this normal? i have never used Great Barko before.Other dog food that i have used has never smelt like this,it's not a stale smell just different.

And it's not out of date.

Help :)

Cheers.

Is there any reason why you can't use a better quality food :(

Sometimes good quality food can be expensive for some. Some buy dog food when they buy livestock food. I know stock feeders here sell the cheaper dog food, though one does actually sell BH.

I would give the company a call and let them know and if you still have the bag, they might allow you to change it? Never smelt it myself as I don't think we get it here.

Sometimes good quality food can be expensive for some. Some buy dog food when they buy livestock food. I know stock feeders here sell the cheaper dog food, though one does actually sell BH.

I would give the company a call and let them know and if you still have the bag, they might allow you to change it? Never smelt it myself as I don't think we get it here.

There must be lots of better quality foods available, than Barkos, that are not expensive. Bonnie is sold at produce stores & that is not what you would consider expensive & lots of dogs do well on Bonnie, if premium food is not affordable.

I used to use Bonnie for a long time but then it changed so i started to use Dogpro True Value but the last tree bags have had a lot of black bit's in them.I have read on forums about Great Barko so i thought i would give it a go.

I rang the shop i got the bag's from and they said that they have never opened a bag so they have no idea what it smells like.The company are closed on the weekend so i will give them a call on monday and see what they have to say.

I have four Dogs,two i inherited so it get's expensive after a while.

Cheers.

I've fed Barko to my dogs for years and they do really well on it - previously I fed Coprice and advance and always struggled to keep condition on them. Each to their own.

It does have a particular smell I guess but should never smell 'bad'