Nexguard

aliwake

No way will I use it. It will have to have been on the market and proven to be harmless and tried and tested on breeding stock. I care for my dogs to much.

It appears as though it has had some problems. Bearing in mind that there may always be one or two that may always have a problem with some products.

Lord knows the problems I have just gone through with a dog with tick poisoning and the vets did manage to save her after 5 days in emergency.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest donatella

Ok so they do 2-4kg and 4-10kg, because mine are about 2.9kg and 4.5kg I guess I have to buy 2 separate packs? Might email them

Tried my local vet - he says they are still waiting for stock, which has been promised by the distributors for a couple of months now. :(

Reckons it will miss this summer. Bummer. Stuck with Advantix. :(

I'm hearing that we should have it by January. I hope...so many people waiting!

The distributors, Merial Australia, haven't yet listed Nexguard among their products on their website.

Maybe the legally required approval process by the APVMA hasn't yet been finalized. The wheels of officialdom can move slowly.

Mine is being despatched today so I will get it by the end of the week or early next week, definitely by Christmas. The registration has only just been approved, it has been a very long process that I know they are finally relieved that it is over

I will be really interested to hear some feedback on this product. Sounds great that you only have to administer once a month orally. As it is made from the same folks that make Frontline makes me a bit dubious to give it a go as Frontline was grossly ineffective as a tick prevenitive on my guys. Within 2 days of applying the spot on treatment I found 3 ticks on my dogs. We live in a fairly high risk tick area & Advantix works very well for us thus far but it does leave their coat a bit messy & it must be applied fortnightly to be tick effective. So will be watching this thread to see how others go with it & I will ask my Vet her thoughts as well.

Edited by BC Crazy

I will be really interested to hear some feedback on this product. Sounds great that you only have to administer once a month orally. As it is made from the same folks that make Frontline makes me a bit dubious to give it a go as Frontline was grossly ineffective as a tick prevenitive on my guys. Within 2 days of applying the spot on treatment I found 3 ticks on my dogs. We live in a fairly high risk tick area & Advantix works very well for us thus far but it does leave their coat a bit messy & it must be applied fortnightly to be tick effective. So will be watching this thread to see how others go with it & I will ask my Vet her thoughts as well.

Frontline isn't a tick preventative. When using frontline you sometimes still have ticks attach, but they usually die shortly after contact with the chemical distributed through the dogs coat.

With any tick control used, it's advisable to check dogs and cats EVERY day :o

(I have nothing to do with the company btw)

I check my dogs more than once a day as I'm more than a little tick phobic :o I hate them with a passion.

Have always lived in coastal area's so I've grown up with them & have seen way too many poor animals lose their lives to the horrible things.

I check my dogs more than once a day as I'm more than a little tick phobic :o I hate them with a passion.

Have always lived in coastal area's so I've grown up with them & have seen way too many poor animals lose their lives to the horrible things.

Sounds like me :)

I'm tick phobic, too. Sneaky little beggars can get in places that make them hard to find. I was at the vets yesterday & we happened to talk about ticks. Two pets were in being treated for ticks. The vet said that Nexguard should be available to clients in the next few weeks.... & it couldn't come soon enough.

• 3 weeks later...