"do Not Touch" Harness

julzjc

Hi Guys,

I've had a look online but I'm not winning.

Does anyone have any ideas where I can find a harness that says something along the lines of "In training" "Do not touch" ?

I won't be attaching a lead to the harness, only the collar,but I find that the warning collars do not stand out enough.

This dog is timid of men but we are working on that and he is coming along in leaps and bounds with slow introductions :). The problem is, he is gorgeous! People tend to want to try and pat him without asking, we are very strict with who he meets and the situations we put him in but I would still feel better having a visual deterrent for those adults that try to sneakily pat him.

Thanks guys :)

Edited by julzjc

I have had the opposite experience when my girl is in her "in training" harness. Nobody tries to pat her but they do normally stop me and ask what she is training for :rofl:.

Edited by ness

Just my ,2cents, I would try to avoid 'Nervous' on the harness.

Some people think they are so superior they have animal powers and will still go ahead and try to pat the dog.

As you say, they will be sneaky and words will mean little to them.

:)

That's what I was thinking too VM. I'm definitely more inclined to leave the "nervous" part out and just have "in training" part, haven't been in here for so long I have forgotten how to edit my post.

Thank you so much everyone!

I know some (most) people may not read it but even if makes a few people stop and think it will be worth it. Especially with the lead not being attached to it, I'm hoping they will be like "Why is that dog wearing a harness if they aren't using it?". Making them actually look properly.

I can but hope lol.

I have had the opposite experience when my girl is in her "in training" harness. Nobody tries to pat her but they do normally stop me and ask what she is training for :rofl:.

I've had the same experience. I have a Julius-K9 with "In training" Patches. I have not met anyone yet that hasn't paid attention to it. Take it off however and people rush him because he is "pretty and looks different".

I've had the same experience. I have a Julius-K9 with "In training" Patches. I have not met anyone yet that hasn't paid attention to it. Take it off however and people rush him because he is "pretty and looks different".

Do either of you happen to think this is also a breed issue? People perceive less issues from either of your breed?

The Vizslas get similar reactions. These harnesses below are good because they are made of cotton

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/167352345/jacket-vest-for-dogs-working-on-issues

I know a few people who use the Julius K9 ones with success as they look like very official type harnesses.

"stupidity detection" biggrin.gif

Though i dont think i need a dog to do that most of the time laugh.gif

Do either of you happen to think this is also a breed issue? People perceive less issues from either of your breed?

The Vizslas get similar reactions. These harnesses below are good because they are made of cotton

https://www.etsy.com...rking-on-issues

YES! I have had parents tell their children to "go pat the fluffy doggy on his butt!" While he's been sleeping at cafes or walking calmly at markets! I keep a close eye on him and people and normally tell them to please not do that. But not everyone listens, hence why I got the harness and signage.

If he was a GSD, or dobermann or any of the "Scary" breeds, I have a feeling he wouldn't get those reactions! (Not that I think that, I love those breeds!)

Thankfully he is friendly, but just because a dog is fluffy and pretty doesn't mean they are all so tolerant icon_smile_mad.gif

Just my ,2cents, I would try to avoid 'Nervous' on the harness.

Some people think they are so superior they have animal powers and will still go ahead and try to pat the dog.

As you say, they will be sneaky and words will mean little to them.

Totally agree with this, I tried the 'Nervous' collar and lead for our fear-aggressive dog (who is also pretty and cute and people often have grabby hands when they see her lol). It didn't really work very well as people would still bend over, reach out to her and make cutesy noises, triggering the growling etc. I found the red 'Caution' set much more effective, people just kept well away and didn't look or try to touch. The friendly dog collar range are well made though and have stood up to a lot of wear and tear, swimming etc.

I also have an embroidered Thundershirt with big black block letters on it, that works the best of all.

Hi Guys,

I've had a look online but I'm not winning.

Does anyone have any ideas where I can find a harness that says something along the lines of "In training" "Do not touch" ?

I won't be attaching a lead to the harness, only the collar,but I find that the warning collars do not stand out enough.

This dog is timid of men but we are working on that and he is coming along in leaps and bounds with slow introductions :). The problem is, he is gorgeous! People tend to want to try and pat him without asking, we are very strict with who he meets and the situations we put him in but I would still feel better having a visual deterrent for those adults that try to sneakily pat him.

Thanks guys :)

i have a high viz coat with a big "L" on the shoulder and then "please ignore - in training" i had to import it from the UK and to be honest, it doesn't stop people because they don't read it. It works to some degree but there's always one that either doesn't read it or ignores it.

I don't know what it is but although Quinn has been getting LOTS of attention and comments over the last 3 weeks we've been up here on the Gold Coast, no one has touched her without asking :shrug: are GC people more dog savvy? more polite? I don't know. I've had kids point to her then ask their parents or me if they can pat, adults comment to each other or stop me to ask about her but they ask if they can pat as well. It's bizarre. But nice obviously!