What Is It About "balls"?

YOLO

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is similar to the Fantastic Foam Ball, isn't it. Love them...I must get one with the rope on (off I go to look at your shop :coffee: )

Yes it's the same but with a rope - it is the Durafoam Swing n Fling ball. It is awesome - one of my favourite ball on a rope toys.

My other favourite is the Chuckit Ultra Tug which is an Ultra ball on a rope - AWESOME and extremely durable toy. It comes in a small size as well as medium and large, whereas the Swing n Fling ball only comes in the larger two sizes. So it is good for dogs with smaller mouths like BCs, kelpies etc.

That is a beautiful animal.

Thanks :D she filled out in the chest more since those pictures were taken, she packs a bit more of a punch now :laugh:

d75f1968-4abc-47b6-8a26-a5a1522cbe06_zps884b3ab8.jpg

Scottie is the same. For a long time I thought it was a smell thing - even I can kind of pick the scent of a tennis ball. However - a few weeks ago we were at the neighbours house and he hunted down a string ornament left over from xmas and proudly presented it in the absence of a tennis ball.

Dee is a high prey drive dog who will chase anything, but has learnt to love balls and the game of fetch. She used to loose interest when the object stopped moving, but discovered that if you returned the object it would move again. Balls even encouraged her to swim.

IMGP7583_zps3011c5b6.jpg

IMGP4320_zps4d2231b4.jpg

IMGP3033_zps145ce26d.jpg

IMGP1580_zpsefa9589e.jpg

IMGP0275_zpsfb1bcc15.jpg

IMGP6067_zps7081f420.jpg

Strangely enough Zeph has a preference for the Chuck It orange and blue balls. Next favourite is iSqueaks, then Kong squeaky tennis balls. He will choose the Chuck It over all else when given a choice.

Edited by grumpette

Strangely enough Zeph has a preference for the Chuck It orange and blue balls. Next favourite is iSqueaks, then Kong squeaky tennis balls. He will choose the Chuck It over all else when given a choice.

All the ball mad dogs I know LOVE the Ultra balls. I do think they are the best balls for dogs, they last ages and are super bouncy.

Edited by huski

Willow is the same! The Chuck It ball is THE ball of balls for her. I think it's squidy enough, right amount of resistance and defies her attempts to pulverize it to ingestable bits.

Nope my dogs have never had ball prey drive. Zeus LOVES his Cuddles Mallard Ducks and Kirah loves any rope or squeaky toy -- she also loves soccer balls she can climb over and growl at! :laugh:

I don't know what it is about balls but even Poochie was unimpressed with them. I'd prefer playing fetch with balls as they fly a lot better than stupid plushie ducks :/

Hope you're reading this Zeusling :laugh:

Nope my dogs have never had ball prey drive. Zeus LOVES his Cuddles Mallard Ducks and Kirah loves any rope or squeaky toy -- she also loves soccer balls she can climb over and growl at! :laugh:

I don't know what it is about balls but even Poochie was unimpressed with them. I'd prefer playing fetch with balls as they fly a lot better than stupid plushie ducks :/

Hope you're reading this Zeusling :laugh:

Have you seen these ones RSA?

http://www.bigappleherp.com/Hyper-Dog-Mini-Flying-Duck-Fetch-Toy

http://www.jwpet.com/dog/tugdetails.html

and

http://www.jwpet.com/dog/tugdetails.html

I've had dogs wear down their canine teeth and one vet said it was from the abrasiveness of tennis balls so they are banned at my place - maybe check with your vet.

My border collies (so working dogs) are also obsessive with balls but also anything that I can throw/they can throw and retrieve. They probably see it as work and attention.

My girl Chess had worn down teeth when we adopted her, so we don't use tennis balls either. I buy the coloured bouncy balls from rebel sport instead which are smooth and surprisingly durable.

The lack of fuzziness has in no way diminished her all-consuming obsession :laugh:

Same here. We banned tennis balls when we noticed Lili's teeth wearing down! Rubber Kong balls here and she loves them!

My girl is very selective about what balls she chases. It's Ultra Balls or bust...

I started a post in the training thread about this actually. You can throw any other ball all you like & get no response from Stella apart from a look of "you have to be kiddin right ???" LOL...

I have discovered another Chuckit toy that Zeph loves to retrieve - a Chuckit disc that skims on the water and floats. It is brilliant.

Thanks Staffyluv and Yonjuro. I do love taking photos of my crazy obsessed hounds.

Huski and DDO, the Chuckit range is awesome. Both dogs can get the squeaks out of the Kongs and iSqueaks. When you look at the iSqueak balls you can see tiny teeth marks only on the side where the squeak is, not on the other side. They either push it into the ball or they break it in half and it just rattles around in the ball.

I so need to try out the Chuckit Kick Fetch balls as well.

Ruth takes some amazing photos. I love them Staffyluv. And that is a fantastic photo DiscoDobe.

Alibi how gorgeous is your little dog. I usually only think of JRT as the small ball loving dogs. :doh:

My highest energy slightly nutty boy is not the slightest bit interested in balls...however....show him a frisbee and it's a different story ! Maybe because being a Pointer he thinks the frisbee flying overhead is kind of bird like ? Whatever the reason, he takes his frisbee with him everywhere LOL!!!!

My girl is very selective about what balls she chases. It's Ultra Balls or bust...

I started a post in the training thread about this actually. You can throw any other ball all you like & get no response from Stella apart from a look of "you have to be kiddin right ???" LOL...

Zeph is also weird in that you can have several identical Chuckit balls, but he will ignore all of them except the one that he was playing with. He can tell which one has been freshly slimed and will only retrieve that one. The way to get him to swap is if Dee steals a different one, then he wants the one that she has, until he discovers the previous ball. :crazy: